• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm about to watch fringe. i rarely watch tv but i love this show.

MBTI Type
ESFJ
The Cabin In The Woods-- a WTF movie where I was confused one moment and laughing hysterically the next...I give it an 8/10.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have game of thrones, and Sherlock holmes! I don't know which to watch first.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Wating for Forever-its a good movie I watched it last night, had low expectations was pleasantly suprised

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Cabin in the Woods. At first, I couldn't get a clear impression of it. I found it to be very funny at times, and often the humor was very original and unique. But if it was trying to be at all scary, it failed miserably. While the "scary" scenes were quite atmospheric, the context in which these scenes are portrayed made them a waste. Nevertheless, the final act was a major payoff.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lars and the Real Girl

Seen this before but it seems to get better every time I see it.

Ponyboy

Insert witty line here...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Currently obsessed with Storage Wars.

I loved it at first but then A&E just kept showing the same episodes over and over :( And that guy, Dave Hester.....Ugh, just so frustrating or annoying, or something watching/hearing him!

Ingrid in grids

I finally got around to seeing Blue Velvet with a friend who lists it as one of his all-time favourite films. It didn't really live up to my expectations, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw The Raven today. I can see why the studio got IMDb to give the film's page its customized skin. It's easy to promote either a good or bad movie, but you have to work even harder to promote a lukewarm movie such as this. With its basic serial killer premise (reminiscent to From Hell), you would think the film would have more spice in its storytelling methods. But no, it is too uninterested to even throw at us any stylish gimmicks. (It can only conjure up a couple of shots of slow-motion bullets, which is so 1999.) You would think that a movie with so little scares to offer would try to compensate for that with several tons of gore splatter, but it is too lazy to do that. I mean, it wasn't a bad film, but it wasn't a good film either -- there was nothing memorable about it. And that's what makes The Raven one of the worst cases of all.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
senna-movie_100345533_s.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Right now I'm watching the movie 'Shaun of the Dead'. Never seen it. I liked Hot Fuzz a lot.

TV show, I haven't watched in several days, but I'm going through all the seasons of The Wire. I'm at the beginning of season 2 currently.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I just finished watching an episode of Breaking Bad and now I started an episode of The Twilight Zone

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ink. I think this movie captures the inner workings of intj very well.

Inkmovieposter.jpg

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw The Avengers. And all I've got to say is "damn!" It was quite possibly the best action movie ever captured on camera. Loved the characters, loved their chemistry, and loved the humor. The only problem I had was the villain Loki -- Tom Hiddleston plays the part well, but I never really thought the character was all that menacing, and his costume made him all the more laughable.

Mark Ruffalo's incarnation of Bruce Banner and the Hulk is, by far, the best, in terms of character and the CGI. Here, the Hulk looks incredibly realistic. And since Mark Ruffalo did performance capture for his green alter ego, you get more of the same core mannerisms of both Banner and the Hulk. And unlike Ang Lee's Hulk, which took itself seriously (despite amazing CGI for the title character at the time -- the close-up shots are still impressive), and unlike Edward Norton's overall forgettable incarnation, The Avengers' Hulk is given a dose of humor, and obviously, the film itself has nearly just as much comedy as action (often thanks to Robert Downey Jr's smart-assed Tony Stark/Iron Man).

And it was rather interesting to see Cleveland's Public Square transformed into Stuttgart, and the Terminal Tower transformed into some random building therein.

EDIT: That's my other complaint -- STOP USING HANDHELD CAMERAS!!! It doesn't make a movie look more realistic, it just makes it look more amateurish.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Watching Fight Club right now.

I love this damn movie.

Saw the Avengers this weekend. I was impressed.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't seen it but after watching the video review of Freddy Got Fingered, and the image of a newborn baby being swung around by the umbilical cord being engraved into my head, I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!!! I haven't laughed this hard since The Naked Gun!

Although make no mistake, I'm scared of resembling Tom Green in any way.