• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw The Three Stooges movie. Much better than I anticipated, excellent slapstick humor that really captured the spirit of the shorts. Although, I think there was some wasted potential, such as a cat-and-mouse chase between the Stooges and the bad guys, as well as the always classic pie fight.

The character impressions were seamless. I'm glad they got no-name actors instead of the original idea of Sean Penn (Larry), Benicio del Toro (Moe), and Jim Carrey (Curly).

The modernization of the characters didn't hurt the film at all. In fact, it opened more slapstick opportunities, such as sticking a head in a microwave, Jersey Shore (unwatched by me, but I still laughed), borderline bestiality, and Larry David as a Catholic nun.

And, of course, there is more raunchy humor that wouldn't fly in the '30s and '40s. Although for a film by the Farrelly Brothers, the toilet humor is pretty tame to keep its PG rating.

The only thing that really pissed me off was they didn't feature Shemp.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Finally got around to watching White Collar.

Matt Bomer can't possibly be human.

bluestripes

curiouser and curiouser
MBTI Type
Fi
Enneagram
still watching "star trek: voyager". finished seasons 4-6 and debating with myself whether i should watch the final one. i'm not particularly keen on watching an artificially constructed romance between seven and chakotay, so i probably won't.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
jock and i are doing a harry potter revisit.

we're watching a lot of tv.
- games of thrones.
-season 3 of 30 rock.

and we're going to start breaking bad this week.
i've only seen one episode so far, and will rewatch it again with jock.

oh and downtown abbey!!!!

G

Glycerine

it's a terrible tv show prpl not a moofie

51JCr98h9SL._SX500_.jpg

Haha, we are known for our trashtastic television. If you liked Dance Moms, Toddlers and Tiaras is recommended. Lol. It's all about the parents living vicariously through their children in beauty pageants.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
My roommates and I are currently infatuated with Adventuretime.

And Top Chef Canada since one of the guys (Carl) is a friend of ours. He's totally kicking ass, too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I watched Dream House on Sunday night. (Not a COMPLETE dog, but I think someone went mucking with the original script which I've seen reviewed elsewhere and apparently was changed a great deal.) Biggest disaster was the movie studio putting out a trailer with the "reveal" in it, spoiling much of the movie for the target audience. Idiots. Then it turned out the reveal wasn't necessarily the focal point of the movie, which should have been labeled more of a "thriller" than a "horror" pick.

At least someone got married out of it.

Watched AngelHeart last night. Great movie -- wonderful ambiance, enough to leave chills. The eerie rendition of "Girl of my Dreams" has always stuck with me, as well as the mournful, intense sax playing. Mickey Rourke is excellent; Robert DeNiro is just playing around but is still a hoot to watch. The movie is a great exercise in style and imagery, the only place it breaks tone is from Ethan Krusemark's overacting near the end of the movie (he's a little over the top) and with the slightly campy yellow eyes motif, but the rest was superb.

"I know who I am. I know who I am. I know who I am." -- Angel's trying to convince himself as much as he's trying to assert himself.

Watched "The China Invasion" on South Park last night, where no matter what Butters does during the PF Chang standoff, he manages to consistently shoot guys in the wang, to Cartman's disgust. And, of course, the infamous "Rape of Indiana Jones" sequence. Wow.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i watched movies all day yesterday. titanic, poetic justice (part of it was filmed a block away from my house!), shame, and martha marcy may marlene.

also i've been rewatching skins (uk).

G

garbage

The latest latest one is pretty damn good. This is why I keep watching this show.
The latest latest South Park ruled; the latest House was terrible.

With the latter going off the air, my TV time is cut down to half of what it was (because I only pay half-attention to House, which is an hour-long show).

Ingrid in grids

I finally got around to seeing The Hunger Games last night, and I was really impressed. Katniss is the best heroine in a major film series targeted at children and teens since Hermione. Young girls need to be exposed to characters like Katniss over Bella Swan!

helisa

i have wwtched the latest episode of new girl about hours ago, i really enjoy this tv series and i think that it really has a great plot and i do hope that this tv series will have more episodes to come as i would love to see how the characters develop in the story. i find some stories so fast though but atleast there is always something interesting to see in every episode so i am tuned to it ever since.

Xenon

(blankpages)
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ah, South Park. I haven't watched the new ones for a couple years, good to hear they're still putting out some good ones.

The latest latest South Park ruled; the latest House was terrible.

With the latter going off the air, my TV time is cut down to half of what it was (because I only pay half-attention to House, which is an hour-long show).

Yeah...I feel compelled to watch mainly because I've always watched it and we're into the last few episodes now, but it's way past its prime and I find myself drifting in and out. They're practically repeating plots:
and he's become less of a character and more of an empty caricature. Definitely bored with it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i have wwtched the latest episode of new girl about hours ago, i really enjoy this tv series and i think that it really has a great plot and i do hope that this tv series will have more episodes to come as i would love to see how the characters develop in the story. i find some stories so fast though but atleast there is always something interesting to see in every episode so i am tuned to it ever since.

New Girl's a fave of mine too. I laugh out loud throughout each episode, the cast has good synergy.
Although I've only seen about a third of the episodes... I just don't watch much TV, except what I TiVo.

Watched "Dream House" and "The Skin I Live In" this week. Dream House still mostly sucked but is better considered a thriller, not a horror movie; the latter is kind of like a B-movie plot all prettied up like an A-list movie, and does let the title idea reverberate throughout the lives of the characters, so that you start asking yourself what the exterior means.

Also watched episode 11 of Smash. Still a good series. And now, Uma!