• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I watched the first episode of the new Spartacus season yesterday, which was pretty good...now watching Brigada.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
watched moneyball last night, I'm not into sports but it was really good. and watched top chef, jersey shore, parks and recreation and 30 rock. and Roseanne on netflix. lol this is how I spend my time.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Moneyball is such a good movie, like Chana said. It's in vain, but I strongly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the subject of new ideas and the difficulty of implementing them in a system controlled by old thinking.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sp/so e89 entp Bob Beckel ranting while listening to all 3500 Music Network Ensemble clips on Amazon.

Roseanne isasupa way to waste time, chana.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Reign Over Me. I'm still unsure what to think about it, though. Particularly:

* Adam Sandler as a dramatic actor (granted, here his character being immature and obnoxious is a plot point, but still...)
* Is Don Cheadle's character technically a Helpful Black Person(TM)?
* Does the 9/11 angle "cheapen" the story?

Like it overall, though... I think. :unsure:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’ve been watching a lot of “B” movies lately... I get paid to so it doesn't entirely suck.

Black Swan
Highly disturbing. And for all the wrong reasons.

Broken Embraces
Boring. God, am I tired of this egocentric, misogynistic crap.

Beautiful Lies
Cute / forgettable.

He loves me... he loves me not

Manages to be both shocking and predictable. Reminded me of [MENTION=227]ThatsWhatHeSaid[/MENTION].

Blue Valentine
Amazing performance by Ryan Gosling. I was reminded of a young Marlon Brando. He is that good. In fact he’s so good, he sort of overshadows the movie, which tries (and largely succeeds) to be a very fine, meticulously observed portrayal of the absurd hope and crushing hopelessness of romantic relationships between broken people.

Biutiful
Unrelentingly bleak and cold, occasionally melodramatic and terminally self-indulgent but it has moments, slivers, of breath-taking perfection.
Few directors manage to transcend the art form in the way Iñárritu can at his best.

Hereafter
Lame. Although the tsunami scenes were cool.

The Adjustment Bureau
Lamer. What is up with Matt Damon lately? I’m beginning to think Ben Afflect was entirely responsible for GWH...

The Science of Sleep

I’ve been meaning to watch this Michael Gondry for a while. Very weird. I’m not sure if GGB’s character is supposed to be crazy or not. It only really makes sense if he is.

Captain America
I don’t think I need say any more. Sometimes I hate my friends acquaintances.

Warhorse
Awesome and epic. Plus it has horses so you can’t really go wrong.

Melancholia
I haven’t seen this yet but am mad keen to do so.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My favorite movie... "Shakespeare in Love". I watched it yesterday.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Manages to be both shocking and predictable. Reminded me of [MENTION=227]ThatsWhatHeSaid[/MENTION].

omg_wtf.gif

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
50/50, starred by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen.
It's a new perspective to the life of a young cancer patient, adding dark humour to a state of melancholy. Doesn't force divine inspiration... it shows the human condition and the realest response anyone can relate to. Probably up there as one of my favourite films now.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I finally got to watch The Human Centipede 2. It was absolutely despicable, the download wasn't in HD. :ng_mad:

I hope that the tagline for the upcoming third film, "100% politically incorrect," is 100% accurate.

FunnyDigestion

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The Big Lebowski again

Best movie to capture the feeling of being kicked around by stuff

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today, I saw Harry Potter and the Woman in Black.

A nice, atmospheric, old fashioned ghost story that actually managed to be scary.

The only letdown was the twist ending -- which I won't reveal -- that came way too soon and was generally unsatisfying.

And if Daniel Radcliffe wants to distance himself from Harry Potter, maybe he should stop picking movies with scenes at a train station.

I found it amusing when Radcliffe told a child character that he looked like his mother. It's as if Harry Potter got tired of hearing that and wants characters from other franchises to suffer it, too.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Poor America
Just shocking and appalling. We don't treat convicted criminals the way America treats its poor.
Basic health care is not a choice, it's a human right.

Pinker85

Today while trying to study:

TNG "A Matter of Perspective" and classic Doctor Who "The Tomb of the Cybermen" (1967). It's totally nuts that there are so many episodes missing from season 4 (which is the introduction of Patrick Troughton as the Second Doctor). My goal is to watch all the classic Doctor Who episodes available so I've been trying to watch a few episodes everyday. Often I'm multitasking between studying or working on a project while watching which may mean I'm missing out on fully appreciating the show? But that's actually just my tendency with every show I watch. I really am enjoying it so far (even though it's almost like a totally different show) and appreciate the acting. There's a much more intimate (almost like watching a play) feel to show which reminds of the new Who episode "Midnight" which I know a lot of people have mixed feelings over - personally, I really liked that episode. Most stories span 4-6 episodes and each episode is 25 or so minutes which means there's a more nuanced quality to the show since there seems to be less need to compact A-to-Z in a very short time frame. So instead of giving us a 3 second shot to explain how the character ended up from that point to this (or none at all) - you actually get to see the character navigate the passage way and their thought process as they try to figure out their next move. I appreciate that but I think some people would find the pace too slow.