User Tag List

Page 42 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

breaking bad season 2 episodes 2&3

MASTER OF APATHY AND PURPLE SIGNATURES

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I watched Transporter 3. It was way too predictable even for your average action movie.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Watched Heckler, a docu-comedy (?) hosted by Jamie Kennedy that, on the box, claimed to explore the relationship between comedians and hecklers ... sounds interesting, right? Well, half-way through, it turns into a doc about Internet critics who confuse personal attacks with legitimate film reviews. Kennedy has a point -- way too many amateur "critics" can't seem to tell the difference between real film criticism and flat-out insulting the people who make the movies. Admittedly, it was a little funny to see him confront these critics, face-to-face, and throw their words back at them ... and watch them squirm.

The lack of focus was the doc's downfall, though. I wanted more hecklers, less stupid movie reviewers.

5/10
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I watched Watchmen on Friday and LOVED it!
    ENFP 4w5

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default Coraline

Coraline is pure stop-motion eye candy (esp. in 3-D), infinitely more satisfying than those bland and sterile CGI worlds that look like they came from the imagination of a lobotomized patient. Its also a suspenseful horror-fantasy story, featuring a parallel universe, weird, vivid characters (including wuss-puss the cat) and a decidedly creepy villain.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    arthur rimbaud

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Knowing.

The previews made it look like National Treasure, but I have to say that Knowing ended up being one of the most original movie experiences I've ever had.

Alex Proyas returns to his risk-taking roots showcased in Dark City and The Crow but notably absent in I, Robot.

SPOILER ALERT

I'd also like to add that the ending of the film was something I had hoped would be featured in a movie for a long time. And let me just say that the ending was pulled off perfectly.

SPOILER END

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE

I watched one of the dumbest episodes of Smallville ever, yet again. Set him up in the airplane...Jimmy is alone in the hospital, finally separated from Chloe? So stupid, what a dumb show!
    Weak episode of Dollhouse....hated the interviews.
    Finishing Curb Your Enthusiasm, but it's all turning into the same yell fest.
    Excellent episode of Q.I.
    Damages was intense this weak, very good!
    Breaking Bad is one of the best shows ever!
    Kings, on NBC, is derivative and uninteresting, I'd rather read the Biblical story.

Will Ferrell You're Welcome America, was amazing! Thoroughly enjoyed that!

Lost and 24 were phenomenal again this week, some of the most compelling writing on TV.

We'll see if BSG can make up for a slightly interesting second half of their long awaited season 4, with the series (tear) finale tonight!!!
    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

Interesting. I just watched this week's Dollhouse and actually thought it was very good. I feel like they'll need to continue to work out some of the ideas from the interviews a bit more and bring more coherence, but I thought they were great.

Spoiler alert:

For example, in the first two interviews (if I'm remembering correctly) I loved how they brought out a perspective difference contrasting the black lady - who sees things through the grid of slavery and, accordingly, sees dolls as slaves and even suggests that anyone who would volunteer for such a thing would have to have already been enslaved in some way - and the white lady - who sees things through the lens of opportunity and sees the dollhouse as something like a potential way to get out of having to work and deal with the details of life.

And in general with the interviews, I really liked seeing the different perspectives the people came from and how that informs what, to them, are the obvious moral or opportunistic reactions. Maybe I particularly love it knowing that Joss isn't coming from a perspective where they're all right and each should just do as they wish... Really important stuff, if you ask me.

[/SPOILER]

Anyway, I've been waiting for the show to really get started, and this was actually probably the first episode where I feel like I could talk about the ideas in it for a very, very long time. I'm really looking forward to next week and hope people haven't given up on it too soon.
    "There are no answers, only choices."
    -Jennifer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE

BSG finale left me wanting more. Good, but did not do justice to the plethora of dangling storylines. Need several made for TV movies if not actual movies to finish off all the left overs in plot.

On Dollhouse, where Helo meets up with Echo in the alley and switches, I thought that was cool, and that his neighbor/booty call is a doll. After calling both of those things before hand, I maintain my original opinion; weak.
    Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Star Trek: The Next Generation is so great. It's like temporarily living in another world.
    () 9w8-3w2-7w6 tritype.

RCueI (primary Inquisition)