User Tag List

Page 35 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

Synecdoche, NY: Interesting. Unless I missed something (not likely), the metaphors were rather obvious, to a cinephile at least. 8/10

MBTI
    INFP

I'm watching march of the penguins thanks to itunes store which is my new favorite thing!

Sniffles

Just watching some of the famous battle scenes from Sergei Bondarchuk's 1968 adaptation of War and Peace. It ranks as the most expensive film ever made, especially since over 120,000 soldiers of the Red Army were used as battlefield extras.

Without a doubt the finest depiction of Napoleonic warfare made on film.

[youtube="Df93ZV5PU5U"]War and Peace - Battle of Hollabrunn[/youtube]

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Friends of Kim

A documentary that follows Kim Jong II sympathizers visiting North Korea. It takes a critical look at North Korea, but remains fair and objective enough. What made it interesting wasn't how the film was produced, but all the bizarre and revealing footage they got from inside the country. 86/100

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I saw Dark Knight last night and I wasn't impressed. Maybe it was because so many people hyped it up that I expected it to fix the economy or something. Ledger was good, but Bale was uninspiring. Batman annoyed the hell out of me. The voice...god...please stop talking like that. I wanted to cut out his tongue. The plot was average, too predictable. Whenever a major character died, I just shrugged my shoulders. I could bitch some more, but this movie isn't worth the time.

I'm glad I didn't pay any money to see this thing. Lemmings.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP

Me too, Lateralus. We just watched it this week and I couldn't see what all the hoopla was about. I couldn't finish it.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I didn't love it either. My friend loved it (and saw it three times in theaters) and dragged me with her. It was SO LONG. Less cheesily eye-rolling than Batman Begins, and definitely some cool action in there, but I didn't really feel for any of the characters. And so little Batman. And Batman making long arduous speeches at a politician? What's wrong with this picture. Guess it was entertaining.

I guess I supposed the city of Gotham was meant to be another character- the most important character of all, the one all the others were fighting over, but I didn't see anything that made me invest in it- so the stakes weren't high.
    Last edited by Colors; 01-11-2009 at 04:36 PM.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button over the holidays and it was pretty good. Parts of it were kinda cheesy, but it was much more engaging than Dark Knight.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button over the holidays and it was pretty good. Parts of it were kinda cheesy, but it was much more engaging than Dark Knight.
    It was magical.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

ByMySword

Gran Torino is the best movie I've seen in the last year.