• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
Last night I watched:

[YOUTUBE="3XyKyOhNsSA"]The stoning of soraya m[/YOUTUBE]

BASED ON A TRUE STORY
Stranded in a remote Iranian village, a French journalist is approached by Zahra, a woman who has a harrowing tale to tell about her niece, Soraya, and the bloody circumstances of her death the day before...

As the journalist turns on his tape recorder, Zahra takes us back to the beginning of her story which involves Soraya's husband, the local phony mullah, and a town all too easily led down a path of deceit, coercion, and hysteria. The women, stripped of all rights and without recourse, nobly confront the overwhelming desires of corrupt men who use and abuse their authority to condemn Soraya, an innocent but inconvenient wife, to an unjust and torturous death.

A shocking and true drama, it exposes the dark power of mob rule, uncivil law, and the utter lack of human rights for women. The last and only hope for some measure of justice lies in the hands of the journalist who must escape with the story -- and his life -- so the world will know.

Be warned, the stoning is graphically brutal and distressing.

It was a brilliant film, well acted, and based on a true story. Not only a true story but something that happens to women still in certain countries around the world.

My Fi made me cry so many times in the movie, because I could easily imgine how I would feel in the circumstances this woman found herself in.

Even her sons join in because they have been trained to not care about the fate of the women folk.

A very good movie. 10/10. :cry:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Precious. Uncomfortably real yet still manages to be uplifting and inspirational. Definitely a movie I will buy.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
we watched The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, which is more entertaining if you come from a sales background ;)

(we both do)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
The X Files: I Want to Believe

It was good.

[Spoiler Alert]
There are no aliens, but there are Russians that seem to take the place of them: speaking a foreign language amongst each-other while ignoring the cries and questions of the tranquilised victims they are removing organs from in a surgical setting.

Not a scary movie, but I still made my boyfriend close the closet door. I think it was the music.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
seven samurai and RAN.........two masterpieces

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oprah interviews Jay Leno

It was interesting

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I watched Happy-Go-Lucky yesterday. I hated it. The main character is insufferable and quite possibly has an unacknowledged (by the characters or filmmakers) mental illness.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
500 days of summer, far surpassed my expectations! Such inventive film making.

magil

MBTI Type
EXFP
500 days of summer, far surpassed my expectations! Such inventive film making.

I was just about to say that! Yeah 500 days of Summer was good.
It's like you know how they have all these ISFJ romantic comidies about? Like What Women Want staring Mel Gibson and . . .Have you seen the Morgans (omg worst movie ever but I couldn't theink of another example) but you get my drift . . .Well this is the first romanitc comedy I've ever seen that was clearly made by and for INFJs. Which of coourse makes it awesome :) But it was so INFJ/ENFP sterotypical relationship I wanted to laugh. :) Ha. there we go. :p

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I watched Avatar the other week. If no one's heard of it, it is a story about a race of blue people on a moon called Pandora. Quite intriguing. It had some really cool 3D stuff also.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Moon.
holy ****.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q[/YOUTUBE]

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I watched "Teeth". It was really, really bad. Interesting subject matter tho. Good movie to watch under the influence of something. :p

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I Hate Valentine's Day
Very cute movie. It had some nice funny parts and Nia plays the most obnoxiously happy character for the majority of it, but i couldn't help but find her endearing.

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant
I really enjoyed it. There were some corny parts, but a lot of it was humorous. The tidbits of dark humor were a breath of fresh air for me. Only thing i can't stand is ending a movie without really ending it. It was a lot of "Not now.. not yet.. later.. we leave- in the next movie."

Meat Grinder
Thai 'horror'. I liked the concept, but got lost in it a few times. It would be steady, sometimes a bit too slow, and then switch up and be hard to follow. Good gore aesthetics, definitely.

I watched "Teeth". It was really, really bad. Interesting subject matter tho. Good movie to watch under the influence of something. :p

:laugh: Been there. I found it amusing, but because it was quite terrible.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
A Single Man

Written and directed by gay fashion designer Tom Ford.

It was such a real, delicate, beautiful movie. I recommend it.

It is about gay men--consider yourself warned.

theadoor

*hmmms*
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
8w9
''Rich dad, Poor dad'' by Robert Kiyosaki, pretty good stuff- inspired me to read some more business related books.

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nobody ever told me just how awesome Back to the Future was. I just watched it for the first time. (It was awesome.) I know I'm going to sound really silly quoting a 30-year old film now, but it's never stopped me before. :newwink:

On a more modern topic, I too was delightfully surprised with 500 Days of Summer, but I was disappointed that my friends had already told me the funniest line in the movie. I guess I deserved it for not seeing in theater when it came out.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Avatar - had a lot of problems with it. Decidedly underwhelmed.

An Education - liked it. Carey Mulligan is wonderful and gives what might be the most genuine, effortless female performance of the year.