• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Salvador - fantastic, lesser known film by Oliver Stone about the US government's involvement in the campesino's uprising in El Salvador. Really amazing DVD extras about the dangerous situations that arose during the filming (a film technical advisor was executed while the cast was in the country).

The US ambassador for El Salvador is also interviewed about the four nuns that were raped and murdered for taking care of orphaned children, seen as enemies of the corrupt govt.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Babel

I obviously took my time to finally see it, and I was very pleased. A beautiful and touching movie.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just watched V for Vendetta. I could drown you in superlatives; instead I'll tell you to watch it if you haven't already.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I saw Inglourious Basterds yesterday. Pure Tarantino madness, but a lot of fun, and probably one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Mole

Permabanned
The Name of the Rose

I've just watched, "The Name of the Rose".

The set and cinematography were truly wonderful.

But it was poor history because it really was a modern view of the Middle Ages.

In fact the Middle Ages were far more interesting as they gave birth to the Renaissance, the Reformation and the Enlightenment.

But the movie gave us a modern morality tale rather than giving us the Middle Ages.

But still, the images are truly fantastic.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Finally watched District 9 last night in an half empty cinema. Enjoyed it a lot.

Mole

Permabanned
"All About Steve"

I am just about to go up to Manuka and see Sandra Bullock in the movie, "All About Steve".

Isn't she wonderful?

Do you think she would ever fall in love with little old me?

What if I changed my name to Steve? What about that?

So Steve could walk up to Manuka and Sandra Bullock would fall madly, hopelessly and determinedly in love with 'Steve'.

Oh, how will I cope? Can one man endure such happiness? I think I am about to burst.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh how I do love this scene, yes.

mmmmm Six Gun. WANT! *drools*

[youtube=X0lvp7a7pmk].44 Magnum! Chya![/youtube]

Mole

Permabanned
I am just about to go up to Manuka and see Sandra Bullock in the movie, "All About Steve".

Isn't she wonderful?

Do you think she would ever fall in love with little old me?

What if I changed my name to Steve? What about that?

So Steve could walk up to Manuka and Sandra Bullock would fall madly, hopelessly and determinedly in love with 'Steve'.

Oh, how will I cope? Can one man endure such happiness? I think I am about to burst.

Oh my God, I have just walked out of, "All About Steve", and Steve knocked back Sandra because she was gifted.

And Sandra had the two infallible signs of being gifted - high intelligence and over excitability.

Yes, Sandra had over excitability (OE) in spades and it freaked out Steve.

So I am still in the running for I love (OEs).

Oh Sandra, you are so highly excitable and completely irresistible.

Last edited:

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Oh how I do love this scene, yes.

mmmmm Six Gun. WANT! *drools*

[youtube=X0lvp7a7pmk].44 Magnum! Chya![/youtube]

yeah, that is pretty classic. one of my favorite movies.
but at the end of the movie, when he says the exact same dialogue again with no humor in his voice (no little smirk after "well do ya punk"), that is a very satisfying scene.
anyway, listen to the difference in him when he says the lines early in the movie and at the end:

[YOUTUBE="3zPyEVeGb80"]Dirty Harry end scene[/YOUTUBE]

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
[YOUTUBE="FwUEDckck7M"]Harry Callaghan: Skilled Negotiator[/YOUTUBE]

I've always admired Harry's tact and diplomacy. :cool: