• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You know, I don't see why they had to reboot the Thomas Jane movie. They should've just continued that story.

I thought the Thomas Jane Punisher was perfect low-budget, high-quality entertainment. It reminded me of '70s exploitation films.

Punisher: War Zone was a video game.

P

Phantonym

You know, I don't see why they had to reboot the Thomas Jane movie. They should've just continued that story.

I thought the Thomas Jane Punisher was perfect low-budget, high-quality entertainment. It reminded me of '70s exploitation films.

Punisher: War Zone was a video game.

:yes: I actually liked the Thomas Jane one much better too. But hey, this one had some good moments to :rofl1: at too.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The IT Crowd--I love British comedy. Also love the Peep Show, but can only watch old seasons on youtube.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watchmen--explores the ugly, dark side of humanity under the guise of justice. I loved it because it explores our human nature as a dichotomy of good/evil.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I watched Det sjunde inseglet last night. I guess this morning actually. Not sure, it was late and early all mixed together.

"A man seeks answers about life, death, and the existence of God as he plays chess against the Grim Reaper during the Black Plague."

A really good, thoughtful movie.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I watched Obsessed all the while tearfully wondering why I can't be stalked like that.

I mean, that black dude was no Michael Douglas. (Even I'm more impressive than him.)

Of course, it could easily be argued that Ali Larter is no Glenn Close, but at least she looks good.

And Beyonce is certainly no boiling bunny.

The last 15 minutes or so of the film were hilarious.

And that's neither a good thing nor even a bad-in-a-good-way thing.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Double Indemnity

doubind.jpg

Beautiful film-noir.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw G.I. Joe today. Had to be the best movie of the summer. Yes, even better than Transformers 2. A highly imaginative action setpiece, but then again, Stephen Sommers is pretty much already known for that.

A couple of criticisms. Why couldn't it be a good old-fashioned good guy vs. bad guy superhero movie? I'm sick and tired of going into the back story of characters. Who the fuck cares?!? I don't care about the life stories of people in real life, so what makes anyone think that I'm gonna care about the life stories of fictional characters?

I'm not a fucking woman!!!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I saw G.I. Joe today. Had to be the best movie of the summer. Yes, even better than Transformers 2. A highly imaginative action setpiece, but then again, Stephen Sommers is pretty much already known for that.

That's like saying that donkey shit is even better than dog shit.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's like saying that donkey shit is even better than dog shit.

Stop being one of those pretentious artsy bitches who hates everything that's popular and will only watch David Lynch movies that you think have a deep subtle meaning but in reality make no sense at all and admit you liked Transformers 2.

(Oh, and G.I. Joe didn't use the shaky cam that much, either, that I can recall.)

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I am loving Better Off Ted and Kings.

As far as movies the last I saw was Star Trek at an IMAX.
I was pleasantly surprised and like it very much.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Stop being one of those pretentious artsy bitches who hates everything that's popular and will only watch David Lynch movies that you think have a deep subtle meaning but in reality make no sense at all and admit you liked Transformers 2.

Everyone knows a donkey show is better than Transformers 2.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP

(Oh, and G.I. Joe didn't use the shaky cam that much, either, that I can recall.)

Sorry. I had some friends over for an impromptu symposium on neo-Baroque representational styles at work in Algerian popular art. Otherwise, I would have replied to you sooner.

What kind of statement do you think the G.I. Joe and Transformers movies, with their mechanized representations of masculinity (machines, exoskeletons, and chiseled abs), make about American male culture? Is it a compensatory fantasy?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today I watched The Soloist, a buddy comedy starring Robert Downey Jr. as the white dude and Jamie Foxx as the black dude.

'Twas an excruciatingly boring movie, but I'll let it slide for representin' my hometown.

Artichoke

MBTI Type
ENFP
I watched Twilight today... i don't really see what all the fuss is about it wasn't that good...

Annyong

MBTI Type
ENTP

A couple of criticisms. Why couldn't it be a good old-fashioned good guy vs. bad guy superhero movie? I'm sick and tired of going into the back story of characters. Who the fuck cares?!? I don't care about the life stories of people in real life, so what makes anyone think that I'm gonna care about the life stories of fictional characters?

I'm not a fucking woman!!!

I've always wanted to be a man, so that I wouldn't have to care about people. :rolli:

Anyway, I saw Goodfellas. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Powerful.

V

violaine

The Fall (trailer). I really enjoyed this movie, glorious to look at. Completely charmed by the little lead actress and her idiosyncratic performance; lead actor was talented too.