User Tag List

Page 244 of 265 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Started watching Parks & Recreation. Feels a lot like The Office. Meh. It's.. background, I guess.

I miss Bojack Horseman.

Need to find more cartoons.
    INTP friend seems enamored with Rick & Morty..
    Will probably check out.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I miss Bojack Horseman.
    Paging @EJCC
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Oɴᴇ Dᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴀ Tɪᴍᴇ Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Started watching Parks & Recreation. Feels a lot like The Office. Meh. It's.. background, I guess.
    A heads up, the first season's not that great. It wasn't until season 2 that I really started enjoying the show. (Specifically April's "I like people... places... and... things" episode)

Mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    Save me from the things I see
    I can keep it from the world
    Why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 2w1 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

MBTI
    STYX
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Scream Queens; its string of references is impressive and entertaining. But I do wonder if they'll be able to keep it up.
    Even when the sun is shining, I can't avoid the lightning Oh, where did the blue skies go? And why is it raining so?

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

been watching Madam Secretary

8 / 10

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Finished about 30 episodes of Saiyuki. It's entertaining enough but it's not one of the great ones. Way too much abusive language towards poor Goku.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

MBTI
    ESTP

Movies I've watched in the last couple of days:

Die Another Day: It's not the most original Bond movie (it owes a lot to Diamonds Are Forever), but It moves at a fast pace; it's never dull; it has a terrific sword fight; and the maligned bits - the invisible car, Bond surfing down a glacier - are pretty cool.

Crimson Peak: Looks great, but may be the stupidest movie of the year. It starts off well, as a sort of homage to Conan Doyle and Hammer Horror, but collapses into pure hokum. By the time characters are sticking knives into each other and declaring that this will only end when one of them is dead, I'd had enough. Its saving grace is Mia Wasikowska, who's the spitting image of Rossetti's Helen of Troy.

The Martian: Probably the best space movie of recent years. It's about people solving problems, in an intelligent and optimistic way - how to grow food on Mars, how to communicate with Earth, how to rescue a stranded astronaut. A lot better than either Nolan's pretentious Interstellar or Gravity, which said that being on Earth was better than being in space, where you would probably die and / or get religion. Martian admits that space is dangerous, but hey! it's still worth exploring and doing something you love even if it is dangerous, and we can solve the problems the universe throws at us.

The Walk: Incredible biopic / caper about a guy who walks a high wire between the twin towers. The walk is real edge of the seat stuff - one of the best sequences I've seen in a movie for a long time; the way director Robert Zemeckis moves the camera is amazing. Joseph Gordon-Levitt's French is excellent (until I saw the credits, I thought that Philippe Petit was played by a native Francophone).

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Fregoli View Post
    The Martian: Probably the best space movie of recent years. It's about people solving problems, in an intelligent and optimistic way - how to grow food on Mars, how to communicate with Earth, how to rescue a stranded astronaut. A lot better than either Nolan's pretentious Interstellar or Gravity, which said that being on Earth was better than being in space, where you would probably die and / or get religion. Martian admits that space is dangerous, but hey! it's still worth exploring and doing something you love even if it is dangerous, and we can solve the problems the universe throws at us.
    I watched that last weekend and was really surprised that I thought that it was absolutely awesome!

I hated Gravity, so I wasn't too keen on actually going to the theater to watch another movie about someone lost all by themselves somewhere in space, but I went anyways. It had a sense of humor to it and didn't lose that throughout the entire movie, which made it so much better than most other movies in that genre... and yeah, I liked all of the different solutions and that nobody just sat around moping... they tried to fix things instead
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I watched that last weekend and was really surprised that I thought that it was absolutely awesome!

I hated Gravity, so I wasn't too keen on actually going to the theater to watch another movie about someone lost all by themselves somewhere in space, but I went anyways. It had a sense of humor to it and didn't lose that throughout the entire movie, which made it so much better than most other movies in that genre... and yeah, I liked all of the different solutions and that nobody just sat around moping... they tried to fix things instead
    Yeah, I was a bit worried at first that it'd be po-faced and heavy on the technobabble, but the film works - Ridley Scott's a better storyteller than Nolan or Cuarón; he keeps things grounded and the plot points clear. It helps, too, that Matt Damon is likeable, and can carry large parts of the film by himself. And the movie's, as you say, funny - which I wasn't expecting. And nice to see a film free from angst!

breaking out of my cocoon Array SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Fregoli View Post
    Yeah, I was a bit worried at first that it'd be po-faced and heavy on the technobabble, but the film works - Ridley Scott's a better storyteller than Nolan or Cuarón; he keeps things grounded and the plot points clear. It helps, too, that Matt Damon is likeable, and can carry large parts of the film by himself. And the movie's, as you say, funny - which I wasn't expecting. And nice to see a film free from angst!
    A Ridley Scott top 5 picture, at its worst....great humor and humanity....so many wonderful characters...all wanting to do what they thought was the right thing, which was not the same for everyone. And some things just need to be done because they are the right thing to do, even when it breaks a few rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so