User Tag List

Page 234 of 265 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

My next three picks..

Insomnia:

The Untouchables:

Muholland Drive:

Likes Olm the Water King liked this post

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Women's soccer match between the USA and Sweden; it was a thrilling 0-0 tie; lots of running around and all that good stuff.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Only You starring Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey, Jr.; movie mostly sucked but Tomei is absolutely gorgeous in this.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I've been rewatching all of Terrence Malick's films recently. The only one of his I still haven't seen is The New World, which I think I'll watch today.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Default Scientology and the Prison of Belief

I've just seen the documentary Scientology and the Prison of Belief.

And every day I walk past the Religion of Scientology advertising in the public street a free personality test.

The documentary claims Scientology is another American money making cult which is aided and abetted at the highest levels of American Government, namely, the Inland Revenue Service.

And naturally anybody who makes such a false claim is a Suppressive Person and is Fair Game for the good members of Scientology.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Inside (A L'Intérieur)

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Pixar's Inside Out; can't go wrong with Pixar films.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

The Double

Senior Member Array

United Gates of America, a 2006 BBC documentary about Canyon Lake, California: the biggest gated community in the state. It touches on quite a few things: why the residents moved there (to escape the rampant crime outside the walls, mostly), who lives there (predominantly middle-class white families), what there is to do in the community (as one woman put it, "three things: have an orgy, gossip, and drink"), the governance of the place (community bylaws are written by the Property Owner's Association, therefore the only people who get a say in how the place is governed are registered property owners, who are predominantly the men of the households; in effect most women are de facto not eligible to vote), what the future holds for the kids who grow up in the community (not a whole hell of a lot; one teenaged boy they follow in particular can't even join the Marines because he fails the basic aptitude test spectacularly), and they even talk a wee bit about 'Minutemen' who watch over the nearby border.

I'll admit I'm biased, I have little patience for people in Homeowner's Associations and the like (including my own neighbourhood's community association, which thankfully has no actual power to set bylaws or anything of the sort), so this entire documentary appealed to me as a sort of Schadenfreude. The idea of living in a gated community seems sociopathic to me, which the airhead Stepford wives, loser, stoner kids and skinheads of this documentary reinforced. Canyon Lake seems like a soulless hellhole.

(YouTube link)