User Tag List

Page 227 of 265 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

I just watched God's Not Dead! Loved it!!

Season 1 of Penny Dreadful. Love the Victorian Era “gaslight horror” setting and ambience (the series is actually filmed in Dublin, which is a better Victorian London than current London). It has the sensationalist flavor of Penny Dreadfuls, with a lot more character depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    I just watched God's Not Dead! Loved it!!
    I hoped this would be an intellectually challenging documentary. Looks more like a boring strawman apology.

Senior Member Array

Beowulf.

Liked it. Didn't care if half of it was wrong.

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

The Kingsman : misunderstood, genocidal xNTP tries to heal mother earth but gets ass kicked by British xSTPs.
    If bees did go extinct, we could always hire people to dress up as bees and pollinate flowers with tiny feather dusters. Sure it'd be more expensive, but there are also millions of idle teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I hoped this would be an intellectually challenging documentary. Looks more like a boring strawman apology.
    Uh oh. Sounds like our movie critic is having second thoughts. This a movie challenge for a real critic! Are you going to let boredom and prejudices defeat you?

I hope not because I'm looking forward to your review. I have immense faith you can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    Uh oh. Sounds like our movie critic is having second thoughts. This a movie challenge for a real critic! Are you going to let boredom and prejudices defeat you?

I hope not because I'm looking forward to your review. I have immense faith you can do it!
    If the trailer is to be believed, the film's message is: atheists are assholes who secretly hate god for purely emotional reasons, therefore god is real. Am I right?

If the trailer is to be believed, the film's message is: atheists are assholes who secretly hate god for purely emotional reasons, therefore god is real. Am I right?
    I'm guessing it's more the latter part of the argument that you take issue with and would deny. Plenty of evidence to substantiate the asshole claim.

Anyway, I didn't even want to subject myself to the trailer. The one sentence description from google looked silly enough.

Sorry, skinnylove.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

I'm not going to disguise the ugliness. There was a dramatic atheist professor in the movie; his hatred was directed towards any principles of god's existence and not towards man.

I didn't interpret the atheists' hatred towards god (or existence principles) as being purely from an emotional standpoint, therefore god is real or not real. I felt the professor was depicted as a highly intelligent man; I got the impression his lack of faith was due to being (naturally) logical.

I personally didn't get any pleasure from watching an atheist being depicted in such a harsh manner. By the same token, I don't get any pleasure from watching Christians condemn people when Jesus died for sinners. The god of the Bible is LOVE. Agape love. Some Christians don't understand agape love and yes, that's probably the case for the creators of this movie. That's my impression.

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I've been addicted to a Chinese dating show called If You Are The One for a while now. It airs in my country a few times a week.

So brutal sometimes.