User Tag List

Page 221 of 265 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)
    I have been so looking forward to this particular film.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Watched Interstellar. It's good.
    This title now brings the count to five films, in theaters right now, that I desire to go see. First of all, fuck my life because I likely won't get a chance to see any of them in theaters. Secondly, I believe this may be a record. There's hardly ever one single film at any given time that I care much to see in theaters; much less 5.

Senior Member Array

I also saw Interstellar. It is good, but it is also just so. For fleeting moments it seemed as though it would become great; it never does.

It looks beautiful, I will give it that, but the story can't keep up. One particularly corny monologue delivered by Anne Hathaway irreparably soured the story for me.

I'm glad I saw it, IMAX no less, but it's the sort of movie I wouldn't really care to see again.

(And Hans Zimmer sucks.)

The Giver was not good. It did, however, feature the most resilient child ever seen on a screen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Have watched Interstellar.

It was what it was. Entertaining, pretty looking, cool, tear-jerking.
    Hoyte van Hoytema scored big working on this expensive project, though I can't even pinpoint his signature style anymore, since Låt den rätte komma in to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy to Her and to this. Hans Zimmer went overboard and slightly irritated my ears for a good amount of time, I was prepared for the "there's no sound in space".

It was not thought-provoking to me personally as I have got into this time traveling and wormhole thing a while back when I was into conspiracy not-so-anymore theory and I know it's not just "sci-fi".
    Matthew McConaughey might get another oscar nomination for his main role. The film will get a few other nominations, I assume, in the "sound" and "editing" and "visual" categories.

Nolan did it again - created far too many characters and failed to give them each a vital identity; used too many familiar and famous faces to distract audience; and tried to over self explain the considered "important details" of his story with voiceovers and repeated lines as he fears his artsy mainstream flicks of late are a bit too complex for his generic audience target group.

I wanted it to be great, but it fell short to only "fun to watch". One of my friends who went with me did sob though. It has a 9.1/10 right now on imdb thanks to his fan boys.
    It was worth my money regardless.
    Will it haunt me to my sleep, make me want to watch it again, own it in Bluray and think about it for months and years? No.
    Wait, I may have just watched a hip combo version of Gravity, Solaris and Space Odyssey pounded into one.

MBTI
    ISTx

Saw Nightcrawler and enjoyed it. Jake Gyllenhaal has become a favorite actor of mine who has become unstoppable in the roles he's taken on as of lately. I did halfway predict the ending of this movie, but that's ok. I felt at times the film was a little too blatant in trying to get its message across as well, but that too is ok. I enjoyed the ride.

Gryffindor Prefect Array OneLovelyAdventure's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx

I just started watching Bob's Burgers on Netflix. I'm hitting myself for not watching it sooner; it's very light-hearted and funny. Tina, Louise, and Linda are three of the greatest characters ever.
    "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell 'Tuesday,' even if he doesn't spell it right, but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling 'Tuesday' simply doesn't count." -- Winnie the Pooh

ENFP (2w3 or 3w2 but probably 2w3)-7w8-8w7 sx
    Neutral Good | Gryffindor
    Sagittarius Sun, Sagittarius Moon, Aquarius Rising

11/10/13

Just watched:
    Taxi to the Dark Side (2007)
    Who Killed the Electric Car? (2006)
    Revenge of the Electric Car (2011)

Up next:
    Blackfish (2013)
    We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)
    Deliver Us From Evil (2006)
    Samsara (2011)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    Who Killed the Electric Car? (2006)
    Deliver Us From Evil (2006)
    Samsara (2011)
    Extremely good stuff here
    Likes Raffaella liked this post

Just finished Deliver Us From Evil (2006) and I have to say, it took more than 3/4 of the film to finally establish the priest's background. They spent more time condemning him than the people that protecting him. Considering what he went through and what his "normal" was, it's understandable that his sense of morality is destructive. I'm more disgusted by the people that covered for him, they had a better idea of what is wrong/right and could've easily prevented many of the crimes yet ignored it or brushed it under the rug. They're uncharged and his sentence is short. Disgusting. Isn't that being an accessory to the crime? Why wasn't his sentence lengthened? He still seems oblivious to the damage he's caused.