User Tag List

Page 216 of 265 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2647

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

an abyss of Nothingness Array Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Yes, the movie Locke did not pander to popular tastes.

It did not push the usual buttons pushed by popular culture.

Locke is a cinematic work of art, and requires a cultivated taste to be enjoyed.

Yes, Locke is for those with good taste.
    Man, you certainly assume too much. I can go on and on with you about European and Asian experimental and arthouse films. But sure, anybody who doesn't appreciate Locke must belong to the pop culture trash bag. What a laugh.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Man, you certainly assume too much. I can go on and on with you about European and Asian experimental and arthouse films. But sure, anybody who doesn't appreciate Locke must belong to the pop culture trash bag. What a laugh.
    No need to get hysterical. It is simply a matter of taste.

I tasted a gem of a movie. Simple, beautifully executed, emotionally satisfying - except I am still wondering whether the cemet pour was a success.

What do you think? The cement pour was the largest outside a nuclear reactor or a military installation. But what do you think, do you think the pour was a success?
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

MBTI
    ISTx

There was nothing original or special about Locke. I think I recall it having a cool song in it though... It wanted to be stylish and cool, but there just was nothing compelling about it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    There was nothing original or special about Locke. I think I recall it having a cool song in it though... It wanted to be stylish and cool, but there just was nothing compelling about it in my opinion.
    Yes, it was a simple movie beautifully executed.

I would describe it as a pallate cleansing movie.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Once Upon a Time
    by @magpie

Default God Is Not Dead

I saw the movie God Is Not Dead the other night, and it has high production values, in other words, a lot of money has been spent on this film and its distribution.

It is though a propaganda film of American Protestant Evangelicals.

The propaganda I have heard many times before, and is classic American Protestant Evangelical propaganda.

Of some interest is how they demonise an atheist philosophy professor, make a public fool of him, and have him make a death bed conversion to American Protestant Evangelicalism.

I guess I am surprised that American Protestant Evangelicals are so wealthy and powerful they can project their classic propaganda across the world into commercial movie theatres.

This explains to me why Americans take Protestantism for granted, and so naturally think we should too.

The spirit of the beehives which has been on my to-watch list for years and I finally got around to watching it. I haven't written a review on it yet so all I can say at the moment is... ohmygod .

MBTI
    yupp

I finally saw Pulp Fiction way better than expected considering I couldn't stand Django or the Kill Bill series. Not usually a fan of taratino films, feels like they try to hard.
    by @magpie

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I finally saw Pulp Fiction way better than expected considering I couldn't stand Django or the Kill Bill series. Not usually a fan of taratino films, feels like they try to hard.
    Watch Jackie Brown, you'll actually like it, he didn't write it himself. I do like Tarantino, but he is very self-indulgent, and you know how it is with successful directors, they're pretty much just entertaining themselves after the bucks start rolling in.
    Likes chickpea, prplchknz liked this post

MBTI
    yupp

Bones seasons 6-8
    by @magpie
    Likes Evee liked this post