User Tag List

Page 183 of 265 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2647

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I'm not sure how i feel about it but i'm watching "Don't trust the b---- in apt 23. probably will turn it off and find something else

amateur cartographer Array kquirk's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    593 sp/so

Reopened by Netflix DVD plan.

Before Midnight
    Frances Ha
    Only God Forgives
    5w6 - 9w8 - 3w2

Words are wind.

Ginkgo

@Saturned

So basically I think that Pacific Rim is as good of a monster/giant robot movie as you're going to get. It's not going to win any awards, and it wasn't crammed full of smoking hot technicians from the Star Trek Enterprise, but it was better than Transformers. As a guy who grew up on Gundam and Godzilla, I think this movie manages to do the genres justice, reiterating cliches with just enough novelty and modernity to make it enjoyable. I actually had feels during this movie because they set up a decent narrative without any glaring logical inconsistencies. I appreciated nods to Bladerunner as well. Though one could make the argument that this movie ramrods ethnic/geopolitical stereotypes down your throat, it represents characters from a glorified nationalistic perspective. The Jaegar pilots were venerated as rock stars.

That said, I won't say Pacific Rim was a cerebral movie, nor was it full of enough social commentary or relatable contexts to satisfy a conversation about the significance/symbolism it held. It was just full of enough entertainment to warrant a re-watch for me.

Lol.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    @Saturned

So basically I think that Pacific Rim is as good of a monster/giant robot movie as you're going to get. It's not going to win any awards, and it wasn't crammed full of smoking hot technicians from the Star Trek Enterprise, but it was better than Transformers. As a guy who grew up on Gundam and Godzilla, I think this movie manages to do the genres justice, reiterating cliches with just enough novelty and modernity to make it enjoyable. I actually had feels during this movie because they set up a decent narrative without any glaring logical inconsistencies. I appreciated nods to Bladerunner as well. Though one could make the argument that this movie ramrods ethnic/geopolitical stereotypes down your throat, it represents characters from a glorified nationalistic perspective. The Jaegar pilots were venerated as rock stars.

That said, I won't say Pacific Rim was a cerebral movie, nor was it full of enough social commentary or relatable contexts to satisfy a conversation about the significance/symbolism it held. It was just full of enough entertainment to warrant a re-watch for me.

Lol.
    It was a popcorn movie, dude. If Michael Bay directed the exact same movie, it would've been exactly that. Nothing else.

I thought The Lone Ranger was the best movie of the summer season.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    It was a popcorn movie, dude. If Michael Bay directed the exact same movie, it would've been exactly that. Nothing else.

I thought The Lone Ranger was the best movie of the summer season.
    If Michael Bay had written in, then it would have severely insulted your intelligence before shovelling salt in the gaping wound.

The wound would also flap and expose bone marrow. Like it was talking. Then it would actually start to talk and decide to insult you on top of it all, with salt spouting all over the floor.

Ginkgo

FINE @The Ü™

It was dumb. Okay.

OKAY?

Just..

Ju

Just shut up

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Anew Leaf

@Saturned

Lol.
    @bold most especially... 4REALZ?!?! Even me with my mucky Ti was spotting plot holes left and right. (Sign of the apocalypse right thar)

Exhibit A: the horrible overexplaining of how the "science" works that reminded me of midichlorines.

Exhibit B: "Know what I'm thinking." "I'm in your brain, dude." I would bet my bile duct that the movie was built around this line.

P.S. It was nice that you gave it such a shot though, hehe.

FINE @The Ü™

It was dumb. Okay.

OKAY?

Just..

Ju

Just shut up
    *is happier*

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    I think you just single-handedly saved humanity here. THAT was a close one...

Anew Leaf

Actually I still don't understand how that thing was able to Stand Up In the Middle Of the Pacific Ocean which is like Duggar Vagina deep.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I think you just single-handedly saved humanity here. THAT was a close one...
    That being said, I still liked the movie (even though I liked The Lone Ranger better).