User Tag List

Page 177 of 265 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Speaking of Woody Allen movies I saw his latest, Blue Jasmine, on Monday. I liked it, although not as much as I liked Midnight in Paris.
    i've not seen many of his films and haven't seen either of those

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i've not seen many of his films and haven't seen either of those
    I haven't seen many of them either. I'm almost embarrassed that I haven't seen the well-known stuff like Annie Hall, Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* (*But Were Afraid to Ask), and Hannah and Her Sisters.

I saw Midnight in Paris on a whim. It was very good.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I saw Riddick yesterday. I enjoyed it. It captured the '80s B-movie vibe very nicely, although the visual effects were frequently horrendous, except for Starbuck's tits.

I would say that this was the most memorable Riddick movie. I remember liking Pitch Black when it came out, but it wasn't good enough to have lasting appeal. And then there was The Chronicles of Riddick, which I'll just say

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2066176/?ref_=sr_1

This movie was really good, though sad but you know such is life

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119095/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

This was also good, I loved the ending, though not sure how much of the ending is true. And it's never revealed it's based on a hoax or not

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935902/?ref_=sr_1
    Last edited by prplchknz; 09-11-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I saw Insidious 2. I think I can safely say that this was the first horror sequel I've ever seen that was better than the first.

How did you like the finale of 'The Newsroom', @DiscoBiscuit?

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

Breaking Bad--"Ozymandias". Perhaps the finest hour of television ever produced.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    How did you like the finale of 'The Newsroom', @DiscoBiscuit?
    Not thrilled.

Romantic garbage.

Will explaining his conservatism, was one of the weakest bits of that show so far. You could tell that Sorkin was responding in the most limited and self serving way possible to those asking for Will to display a single ounce of actual conservatism.

All of this being said, I will most certainly be tuning in for the 3rd season. The election and the world occurrences covered this season were actually pretty boring.

Next season we get to look forward to Sandy Hook, the debt ceiling compromise from dec. 2012, the state of the union which basically pronounced victory over Republicans now and forever, Paul's drone filibuster, the NSA, Benghazi, IRS scandals etc.., the death of gun control, Syria and a host of other things I'm looking forward to (Keystone XL etc..), burgeoning GOP acceptance of Libertarian policies.

The events the show has covered so far, have been basically one giant parade of how awful Republicans are. The second term for Obama has thus far been poor.

I'm curious to see how the show will handle stories that make the left look bad. Will Sorkin care as much about the lack of transparency within the Obama admin's intelligence apparatus, as he does about stupid statements made by tea party candidates?

To be honest almost all of the big stories this year have played well into the hands of those on the right.

Will Sorkin cover the Obamacare delays?

I'm curious to see if the show works when it has to cover events that play against Sorkin's ideology.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Not thrilled.

Romantic garbage.
    I concur. In Election Day: Part I, I had a faint hope that they finally prepared the plot to remove MacKenzie from the show. But in Part II, they spit her right back in my face.

Will explaining his conservatism, was one of the weakest bits of that show so far. You could tell that Sorkin was responding in the most limited and self serving way possible to those asking for Will to display a single ounce of actual conservatism.
    That is probably as far as Sorkin can go without feeling that he has made Will stupid. Because, you know, there is nothing Sorkin wants more than to have his lead character appear smart.

All of this being said, I will most certainly be tuning in for the 3rd season. The election and the world occurrences covered this season were actually pretty boring.
    The election could have been such an interesting topic, but they made precious little of it. Genoa was a colossal waste of time. Africa might have been interesting if it had ever been allowed to breathe. Then again, I really could not care less about Maggie or Jim or Gary Cooper.

Next season we get to look forward to Sandy Hook, the debt ceiling compromise from dec. 2012, the state of the union which basically pronounced victory over Republicans now and forever, Paul's drone filibuster, the NSA, Benghazi, IRS scandals etc.., the death of gun control, Syria and a host of other things I'm looking forward to (Keystone XL etc..), burgeoning GOP acceptance of Libertarian policies.

The events the show has covered so far, have been basically one giant parade of how awful Republicans are. The second term for Obama has thus far been poor.

I'm curious to see how the show will handle stories that make the left look bad. Will Sorkin care as much about the lack of transparency within the Obama admin's intelligence apparatus, as he does about stupid statements made by tea party candidates?

To be honest almost all of the big stories this year have played well into the hands of those on the right.

Will Sorkin cover the Obamacare delays?

I'm curious to see if the show works when it has to cover events that play against Sorkin's ideology.
    I am curious if those on the left share your interpretation of how things went and look.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am curious if those on the left share your interpretation of how things went and look.
    The nature of the events wont require them to.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so