• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On Netflix (presented by Netflix)

Love, Death, & Robots Volume 1, Episode 1:

3 Robots

It's only ten minutes. Watch it.

Freaking cats.

THere's quite a range of items in that collection, in terms of quality. I think I had liked that one, Zima Blue was my favorite. Alternate Histories was pretty hilarious.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Freaking cats.

THere's quite a range of items in that collection, in terms of quality. I think I had liked that one, Zima Blue was my favorite. Alternate Histories was pretty hilarious.

Haven’t seen Zima Blue yet— I’m skipping around— but Alternate Histories was surprisingly funny.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haven’t seen Zima Blue yet— I’m skipping around— but Alternate Histories was surprisingly funny.

That is what I did too. Apparently Netflix assigned each user one of four different viewing orders at random, but I ended up (armed with a ranked list) jumping around, I didn't exactly follow the ranking list but didn't follow any of the presets either. Lots of different animation styles too.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
(I always figure movies out too early... I can tell exactly where this is going already...)

- - - Updated - - -

(I really like it though. K BYE.)

EDIT: No. I was wrong and this movie is conceptually blowing my fucking mind, which is the entire point.

Reality should (and will) blow your fucking mind (if you think about it). And I do. And it's probably why I'm crazy.

I'm going to be thinking about the meaning(s) of this movie for days.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On Netflix (presented by Netflix)

Love, Death, & Robots Volume 1, Episode 1:

3 Robots

It's only ten minutes. Watch it.

Great series. I should rewatch all of it. or most of it, anyway.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watching some garbagey true crime documentaries about night time home invasions while I get ready for bed. Why the hell do so many people not lock their bedrooms when they sleep? Do people really not grasp how utterly vulnerable you are when you’re unconscious? Some of them didn’t even lock their main home entry doors!

“It was the kind of neighborhood where you could keep your doors unlocked.” Those places don’t actually exist. They never have. Any place humans exist is a place where you are vulnerable to whatever they might be capable of. Not that everyone is out to get you, but if you can take some reasonable, basic precautions to secure your home while you are unconscious, it’s freaking insane to me that you wouldn’t.

Not victim blaming, mind you. In an ideal world, we could all keep our doors unlocked & no one would ever enter without the expressly goodhearted intentions of dropping off a bouquet of lollipops for all who dwelled within.

That isn’t reality. ‘Should be’ doesn’t change what is.

:offtobed:

This was in a box set originally. I’m guessing it’s from early 2000’s because it’s before Land of the Dead (2005). Tom Savini is a madman. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Watched the first episode of "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" last night on Netflix.

OMG. I laughed and laughed and laughed. (It's billed as comedy-drama but there's a lot of comedy.)

The show has the weird distinction of being one of the few multiple season shows (four seasons) that was at the bottom of the Nielsen ratings year after year, while also being critically acclaimed and winning awards.

Based on the opener, I totally get it. It mixes song and cringe humor and other forms of humor and is fast paced, with expressive / histrionic acting while still managing to be semi-serious under it all. (And apparently it has won big kudos on its approach to mental illness later in its run.) Rachel Bloom is pretty amazing, and I'd never heard of her before. It's more 'intellectual' humor in a sense because you're responding to unmet expectations, zany behavior, whip-fast dialogue exchanges you need to actually listen to in order to catch all the comments, etc.

As one example of "funny" you have to pay attention to, she moves to CA to chase after a childhood flame, and the guy's name is in the title of EVERY episode up through most of Season 3, whereupon I assume she starts obsessing over someone else and their name shows up in the title, and then in the final season the men's names disappear from the titles and the word "I" appears in every title (so I assume either she became more of a narcissist OR actually developed a healthy self-referential mindset finally...)

It's just that the show runs 62 episodes -- as long as Breaking Bad -- about 40 minutes apiece. I don't know if I have the stamina to get to the end, but i did enjoy the first episode at lot. And I was impressed by the songs. It was like Galavant but taken up a notch.

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Schitt's Creek. I've heard a lot of people recommend it, but coming across this scene is what convinced me to try it:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gossip Girl

Last time I ever let Roommate pick the tv show.
I want that hour or so of my life back.

It’s like season 1 of You, sans the murder & ability to make fun of itself.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Gossip Girl

Last time I ever let Roommate pick the tv show.
I want that hour or so of my life back.

It’s like season 1 of You, sans the murder & ability to make fun of itself.

I'm ashamed to admit that I've seen season one of You. It's just such a "good" caricature of a narcissistic/psychopathic ennea-type 3.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm ashamed to admit that I've seen season one of You. It's just such a "good" caricature of a narcissistic/psychopathic ennea-type 3.

I really had fun hate-watching You. It’s intentionally & unintentionally hilarious. I disliked almost everyone, & admittedly enjoyed doing so.