User Tag List

Page 173 of 265 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Only God Forgives

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

the truman show
    by @magpie

MBTI
    yupp

Just starting
    by @magpie

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I've never really expected him to live anywhere else. Yes it is very pretentious (I found the coverage about Occupy to be hilariously up its own ass), but there is something there still. This show may be more bad Sorkin than good, but enough of the good moments come through (for me at least) to keep me from dismissing it entirely. The toned down intro is much better, and I think the show itself a little bit better. That's not a very high bar to hop over, but the potential in the show if a few more things come together keeps me coming back.
    I think I will continue watching it, if only to gather information on last year's news.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I would sure like to hear Will present a conservative policy position that he agrees with this season.

I'm into the subject matter of the show more than most (politics, news, Republicans and the like), and that may be what pushes it over the top for me. But I can't help but think if Sorkin can step back a little and let someone help write Will who actually understands conservative ideology, that this could turn into one of the better shows out there. Whether Sorkin is comfortable giving up that much creative control is another story. If we could tone down the general "Sorkin-ness" just a few notches and balance the show out I think it has real potential.

The reason The West Wing worked was that the President therein happened to be a Democrat, and Sorkin knows how to write Democrats.

He has no idea how to write Republicans. The scene from season one where he finds the gun in the girls purse is instructive.

So far, the only thing that would lead me to believe Will is a conservative is the fact that he's said so. Besides that, the whole POV of the show is liberal.

It just doesn't make sense.
    I actually laughed when Will pulled out his Republicanism in the latest episode, because it occurred to me that they simply use it as a stand-in for silly American patriotism. I guess we will only see Will being Republican in his moments of foolishness. Ainsley Hayes was much more convincing. But then, 'The West Wing' as a whole was much more convincing, even though it had almost the same amount of odious character glorification. Currently, my favorite character is Sloan.

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I think I will continue watching it, if only to gather information on last year's news.

I actually laughed when Will pulled out his Republicanism in the latest episode, because it occurred to me that they simply use it as a stand-in for silly American patriotism. I guess we will only see Will being Republican in his moments of foolishness. Ainsley Hayes was much more convincing. But then, 'The West Wing' as a whole was much more convincing, even though it had almost the same amount of odious character glorification. Currently, my favorite character is Sloan.
    Sloan rocks my socks.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

violaine

I just saw "This is the End". Hilarious.

MBTI
    yupp

Just finished watching the Skeleton Key last night. And it's amazing, i love it. most of the movies i've been picking out the last few weeks have been hits in my book. I think there was only 2 i had to turn off because they were boring me.
    by @magpie

Any comment on last week's episode, @DiscoBiscuit?

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Any comment on last week's episode, @DiscoBiscuit?
    Haven't watched it yet.

I started to, and it quickly got out of hand regarding head in ass syndrome.

I'm sure I'll have a look at it before too long.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    yupp

I'll let you know if it's good or not
    by @magpie