• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm watching and enjoying Hemlock Grove, I think its a great show, I've already bought the novelization of the story from Amazon.

I think its a bit like Dark Shadows, Twin Peaks, Phenomenon and the Clock Tower series of games, in particular the 2D point and click adventure which spawned the series.

Found this quite by accident and I have to say I really did not think writing like this existed in the english speaking world any longer, I was watching Dark and Black Spot and thought they were the only hope for decent weird viewing since the X-Files.

I enjoyed Hemlock Grove a lot.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I'm watching future man and super store.

Tiger and wolf(future man) and Dina(superstore) are sexy. @_@

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
"Watch this if you are feelings stressed or anxious"
This guy: NOTHING MATTERS; you don't matter, your dog doesn't matter, your plant doesn't matter,... wE aRe aLL GonNa DiE- WHEEE!!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The hell did I just watch.

Pinker85

She was a "social worker" who kidnapped something like 5k children from poor families in Tennessee and sold them for profit in California and NY with the help of corrupt government officials. I truly believe that they justified what they were doing based off the popular eugenics ideas of the time, ideas that are still super prevalent even now ... while people are talking more about prejudice against people based off skin color or disability, people don't often talk about the prejudice of poverty and class.

Lark

I enjoyed Hemlock Grove a lot.

Yeah, I completed the third season and while they kind of leave it open for a potential follow up it kind of feels like, at least with the current cast, it could have completed its story cycle.

It was very well done, I did think it became a little "monster mash" at points and my favourite character was the "mad scientist" type guy. I was kind of glad that, like a lot of different TV shows there was a drop off in the nudity and sex scenes. I honestly do think that there is some kind of a crazy HBO effect which mandates a lot of that and I dont feel its ever that necessary, I'm probably just from an earlier era without it though.

Some of the effects were great but some of it was CGI hell kind of.

Lark

I'm watching future man and super store.

Tiger and wolf(future man) and Dina(superstore) are sexy. @_@

I like those shows too, I like the Superstore show a lot. They stopped showing it in the UK though, I'd have to subscribe or pay per view it and I'm not sure what season was on in the UK last.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I like those shows too, I like the Superstore show a lot. They stopped showing it in the UK though, I'd have to subscribe or pay per view it and I'm not sure what season was on in the UK last.

They did that to me with Dr who and Torchwood here-_-

Pinker85

Interview with Hugh Thompson Jr. the helicopter pilot during My Lai who saved civilians being massacred and alerted commanding officers as to what was happening.

"We put somewhere around 190 people on the ground and I think only 13-18 I have been told took part in what was going on. The others ... didn't do anything to stop it. Just kind of turned the other way and knew what was going on."

350-500 civilians were massacred that day.

Pinker85

Jesus forming his ministry. The first episode has Mary of Magdalen, introduces the characters that are found throughout New Testament like the apostles. The production quality is really good for a Christian series, acting pretty good for a Christian show. I've already cried a bunch of times.

Pinker85

The document of Queen Latifah's relative freed in the 1700s.

Being conscientious of the injustice and impropriety of holding my fellow creator in state of slavery I henceforth emancipate ...

It's so interesting to contemplate everything that brought this person to that place of realizing despite the currents of the society they were in that what they were doing was unjust and have the courage to act on their beliefs.

Pinker85

“Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
– Marcel Proust

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Warrior Nun,

1. Mary is totally a lesbian .. I don't know why we can't explore this side of her character I am 90% her and Shannon had a thing
  2. I feel like We need more access to the Vatican, why do they need a whole city , everyone should have access to the records like a library or the internet. There is a reason they hoard all this information
  3. I find the whole concept of nuns and priest who don't enjoy sex weird, why is sex so sinful ? Doesn't it give us direct access to the miracle of producing life and ACTUAL moments of ecstasy (just saying)
  4. maybe this is all one massive simulation and all this access to the internet is a Spell on mankind .. think of all the words in the internet that suggest magic , ports , portals, channels, dark web ..

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Japan Sinks 2020. I was wondering if it'd be too similar to Tokyo Magnitude 8.0(another Earthquake anime), but so far it differs. The animation is really stunning, like there was a scene with rainbow trees and a scene where the main boy imagines himself in a video game and it looked really realistic. It's kind of beautifully terrifying in a way-first a little kid has his eyes covered in blood, then you see a body flopped over in the trees, and then Okinawa was presumably sinking(there was a video of it on their phones but it's assumed fake). It seems to have a happier tone than Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 which didn't let off its sadness for long(while they go drinking from a mountain and searching for yams in the 2nd episode). It could use a little more action, but still, it's a really pleasant anime.

(update, there is more action-at robot at a store starting shouting at the family for stealing and then the boy accidently got hit with an arrow)

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uncut Gems: It was OK -- a little overhyped, but not bad. Adam Sandler showcased the range of his acting ability outside of his comfort zone of campy, cheesy comedies. One of the very few times an ending has left me genuinely shocked, though.