User Tag List

Page 172 of 265 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182222 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2641

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    No, but I will look it up.

I think one of the pleasures of revealing secrets is the thrill of paranoia.

And after all, religion is based on revelation, revealing the secret meaning of the world. And the headlines of popular magazines constantly tell of personal revelations being made.

We love to have secrets revealed whether by God or the local gossip.

And our travel industry is constantly revealing 'a best kept secret'.
    Julian Assange certainly loves the thrill. It is a surprisingly good film, close in feeling to '23', with a hint of 'Hackers'.

Glycerine

Seasons 2 and 3 of The Walking Dead.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I just started a documentary on Wayne White, some artist dude, called beauty is embarrassing. you can tell that i've never heard of him. so why watch a documentary on him? because why not?
    by @magpie

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The new season of The Newsroom starts tonight on HBO at 10.

I'd check it out.
    Sorkin still lives inside his own ass. The show is just too flat to be that pretentious. I think the election coverage will be entertaining, but also annoying, especially for Republicans.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Sorkin still lives inside his own ass. The show is just too flat to be that pretentious. I think the election coverage will be entertaining, but also annoying, especially for Republicans.
    I've never really expected him to live anywhere else. Yes it is very pretentious (I found the coverage about Occupy to be hilariously up its own ass), but there is something there still. This show may be more bad Sorkin than good, but enough of the good moments come through (for me at least) to keep me from dismissing it entirely. The toned down intro is much better, and I think the show itself a little bit better. That's not a very high bar to hop over, but the potential in the show if a few more things come together keeps me coming back.

I would sure like to hear Will present a conservative policy position that he agrees with this season.

I'm into the subject matter of the show more than most (politics, news, Republicans and the like), and that may be what pushes it over the top for me. But I can't help but think if Sorkin can step back a little and let someone help write Will who actually understands conservative ideology, that this could turn into one of the better shows out there. Whether Sorkin is comfortable giving up that much creative control is another story. If we could tone down the general "Sorkin-ness" just a few notches and balance the show out I think it has real potential.

The reason The West Wing worked was that the President therein happened to be a Democrat, and Sorkin knows how to write Democrats.

He has no idea how to write Republicans. The scene from season one where he finds the gun in the girls purse is instructive.

So far, the only thing that would lead me to believe Will is a conservative is the fact that he's said so. Besides that, the whole POV of the show is liberal.

It just doesn't make sense.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    yupp

THe Machinist 5 out of 5 it's one of the few movies I was able to watch in one setting, and not get distracted. ie actually held my attention
    Last edited by prplchknz; 07-16-2013 at 08:45 AM.
    by @magpie

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

Shaun of the Dead

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Fruitvale Station was really good. Almost the whole theater was crying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Orange is the new black on Netflix!!!! Too close to home but really good. I read the memoir it's based on though and they definitely added a ton of dramatic shit that wasn't in there.

MBTI
    yupp

I watched Idenity which was amazing and Everything Must Go, which sucked donkey balls
    by @magpie