• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
This is such a beautiful aquarium set up.
So is this self made mini tank to raise baby fish (or shrimp). Though I would have to glue this one onto the table because I'd kick it over...

If I was rich (and not lazy) I'd like to set up a saltwater aquarium. In my wildest dream at least one (1) wall of my house be made out of glass and function as a giant aquarium. Maybe I'll have a fishpond in my bathroom too.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm the obsessive loser who immediately spots the Enneagram symbol on a quilt in the animated series The Midnight Gospel.
Good show, well done in my opinion.

00VfMZF.jpg

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finished watching "Sherlock" earlier on Netflix, and now I don't know what to do with my life. God it's such a good series... :heart:

Lark

The Midnight Gospel

This is the life I want to live.

I got, I think, ten minutes into the first episode and it was way too crazy for me. Just couldnt do it. Actually watching a lot of anime at the moment because I prefer that linear narrative style and exploration of questions about humanity rather than the mad stuff that's getting put out in the western animation. Rick and Morty is about as zany as I like it to get.

Midnight Gospel seemed like it was pure surrealism.

Lark

Really liking Parasyte the Japanese animation, I think I'll watch the live action movie eventually. Been binging this for a bit and like it a lot.

They managed to do the idea, which I've read in Jung, also other places like The Lord of Light (dont remember the author), about when two beings meet or interact they are both changed by the process and the nature of each influences the other. In Lord of Light is a kind energy based life form "demon" which possesses a guy and uses his physique to go on a kind of hedonistic sadomasochistic rampage until the conscientiousness within the humanity of his host changes him and makes it impossible and a strange kind of "exorcism" takes place.

In Parasyte its a little different but similar idea. They also do the whole who is the real monster thing too with a guy who a kind of psychopath but able to detect the creatures.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1993 Harrison Ford and 2020 Harrison Ford were quarantined together and it did NOT go well.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not much of a gamer (atari & SNES are where I draw the line), but if this game lets you be a cat wearing a backpack, I might need to try it out.

I warned everyone that tech would destroy humans & that cats shall inherit the urrffs, but did anyone listen? noooo

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Holy shit, "Bad Boys" did not age well. That's two hours I'll never get back.

I think I liked half a scene and two jokes and that was it.

Wow.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watching the penultimate season of Shameless (US version).

William H. Macy is a national treasure.

Also, Carl is probably my favorite character of the series.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haiyaku!!!!

Its a volleyball sports anime. Hella wholesome and hella boy power and I've watched through it two times already.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yes... I totally watched 6 hours of Joe Rogan and Duncan Trussell today (although I must say... I got an awful lot done in the background). Many guttural laughs. Highly relevant.

Lark

I'm watching and enjoying Hemlock Grove, I think its a great show, I've already bought the novelization of the story from Amazon.

I think its a bit like Dark Shadows, Twin Peaks, Phenomenon and the Clock Tower series of games, in particular the 2D point and click adventure which spawned the series.

Found this quite by accident and I have to say I really did not think writing like this existed in the english speaking world any longer, I was watching Dark and Black Spot and thought they were the only hope for decent weird viewing since the X-Files.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I like to rewatch seasons of TV shows but only the subplots that I'm really in the mood for. Just did that with the Daredevil portion of The Defenders, now moving on (sequentially) to Daredevil season 3.