User Tag List

Page 168 of 265 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2641

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Just rewatched CLoud Atlas streaming online
    I'll get it on Bluray this month and watch it again.
    Was better even the second time, now that I could pay attention to details and the scene transitions/edits.

I could also better track all the people throughout the narrative and see the parallels among the lives involving various characters. Karma is even more apparent, and self-betterment; Zachary in particular had the most mottled life of everyone but in the end seems to come out ahead because of an act of bravery on his part, setting aside the known in the face of fear of the unknown. Other characters (especially Hugh Grant and Hugo Weaving's characters) seem to just end up in a worse and worse place.

As a bizarre parallel, Frobisher and SixSmith both have the exact same kind of experience with firearms. But there are numerous parallels throughout the movie that get lost on first pass.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    Granted, Iron Man 3 was saved because of Robert Downey, Jr.'s witty dialogue, and also because it ended up not being as serious as the trailers fooled us into thinking. Tony Stark is definitely the same smart-ass we all know and love. And I'm sure a lot of people got pissed off by a certain plot twist, but honestly, I thought it was hilarious.
    My iconoclastic side appreciated the particular twist you are describing, but at the same time I'm not sure it added anything useful to the movie tone-wise and might have trivialized it a bit.

Still, it was pretty funny.

And, as a general point overall, I would like to state for the record that Ben Kingsley is an awesome guy.

Overall, I thought Iron Man 3 had the weakest villain, where Iron Man 2 had the villain with the most potential (but man, did they drop the ball with him).
    Not sure what I think, but I understand what you would view it that way.

it was to see Rebecca Hall. I've loved her ever since The Prestige.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Iron Man 3. Follows my first trilogy formula: first movie is the best, leading to high expectations for the second movie, which turns out to be crap, killing our expectations for the third one, which turns out being better than previously hoped.

Granted, Iron Man 3 was saved because of Robert Downey, Jr.'s witty dialogue, and also because it ended up not being as serious as the trailers fooled us into thinking. Tony Stark is definitely the same smart-ass we all know and love. And I'm sure a lot of people got pissed off by a certain plot twist, but honestly, I thought it was hilarious.

Another thing I liked about it was how it reminded me of '80s action movies, and why wouldn't it? Lethal Weapon and Iron Man 3 had the same writer.

One thing I couldn't stand though was

Overall, I thought Iron Man 3 had the weakest villain, where Iron Man 2 had the villain with the most potential (but man, did they drop the ball with him).
    I just saw "Iron Man 3" as well. I literally think that I cried in the movie theater when I saw what they did with the Mandarin. It just didn't do him justice. I did like the movie overall though. I would give it about a 7.5 out of 10.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

In the After Earth trailer, Will Smith calls it Earth, and not Earf.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I just saw "Iron Man 3" as well. I literally think that I cried in the movie theater when I saw what they did with the Mandarin. It just didn't do him justice. I did like the movie overall though. I would give it about a 7.5 out of 10.
    I was never much of a comic book reader. And with books I have read, I tend not to compare them to the movies. And in many cases, I think the changes made in movies work better, such as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. I thought giving him the ability to biologically produce a web was a much better idea than inventing a device...because I think it made him more of a spider/man than just simply climbing the walls.

But I knew next to nothing about Iron Man before the movie came out. And even if I did, I don't think that I would've cared about the character changes that much. I liked Iron Man 3 as a movie, overall.

Senior Member Array The Great One's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

In the After Earth trailer, Will Smith calls it Earth, and not Earf.

I was never much of a comic book reader. And with books I have read, I tend not to compare them to the movies. And in many cases, I think the changes made in movies work better, such as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man. I thought giving him the ability to biologically produce a web was a much better idea than inventing a device...because I think it made him more of a spider/man than just simply climbing the walls.

But I knew next to nothing about Iron Man before the movie came out. And even if I did, I don't think that I would've cared about the character changes that much. I liked Iron Man 3 as a movie, overall.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

The Cabin in The Woods: I totally forgot it was a Joss Wheadon film, but i got really excited watching the beginning credits. I'm 19 minutes in but I like it so far, kinda creepy, but creepy in a cool way.
    by @magpie

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

The Dreamers.

Nice knockers @ Eva Green.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The Great Gatsby. The only things that kept me awake were the production values, the occasionally catchy soundtrack, and the fact that I didn't downright hate it the way I did Moulin Rouge. It was also decent enough of director Baz Luhrmann to chill the fuck out with his rapid cuts so that the average shot is now increased to about a second long, which is no doubt an improvement (a few times, the shots are long enough that we actually get a chance to enjoy the lavish production design).

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

i'm actually entertained.
    watching the whole playlist.
    wtf is wrong with me.

The contrast between then & now is stark. (there are modern ads playing between each new volume)
    Older commercials seem more.. personal. More.. effort? Catchier jingles. Hilarious narration (even when it's unintentional). Different camera angles..
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP

Silver linings playbook was surprisingly charming and fresh. Stamped with approval!

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ISTP

Star Trek. Darkness.
    Crap.