• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had to sit through Maleficient 2 last weekend. Jolie really phoned it in and just looked bored the whole time. Whats-her-face was captain exposition, announding everything happening on screen. It reminded me of Arnold's commentary track for Total Recall, which mostly consists of him narrating everything that happens in the film. I suppose they figured little youngsters watching might be too stupid to follow what was going on, despite there being nothing especially complex about the story. The identity politics allegories, which have become standard in Disney films, weren't even subtle. Michelle Pfeiffer was a xenophobic Trumphitler, oh what a brave, original thing to do in a movie, I haven't seen that in, like, every new movie that's out. I guess points earned for not making the old white king dude the Nazi in this movie, which would've been the predictable way to go.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL at El Camino commentary above; I watched it a week or so ago and really enjoyed it.

Watched Bird Box last night - quite liked it. Half zombie half Lovecraft type movie? The story strongly reminded me of The Dunwich Horror / Cthulu type stories, though I realize it was based off of a more modern book (still - I bet he was a Lovecraft reader)

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Pelican Brief and its funny bc it was a double-sided DVD from the late 1990s and I actually had to flip side to watch the second part of the film x) I watched it with college friends so it was also fun to notice how things were different back then with computers and so on... Its not a bad movie though - even if there’s serious plot holes in my opinion

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Watching some garbagey Investigation Discovery true crime/murder documentaries, trying to fall asleep. Ran out of the more decent ones, so, on Killer Women, right now. Little over-the-top narration, that comes off more gossipy in tone, which I’m not a fan of. But these intermittent clips in the story where a former FBI profiler chimes in are hilarious.

Profiler [referring to the murderer]: “She was a Disneyland of mental illnesses.”

...I love this phrasing so much.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Still intermittently rewatching Bones. Good background when multitasking (lot of exposition in the dialogue, so I can look away from the screen but still follow). Still sewing away at my Halloween costume.

I forgot just how much Hodgins fits the quintessential ENTP. His flashes of Ne paranoia/conspiracy theorizing are kind of cute.

I also forgot how much television loves to portray serial killers as intellectually brilliant. Most, in reality, are average, if not below average, save for a select few (like Edmund Kemper). But eh, that’s TV for ya. /shrug

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Zombieland: Double Tapped. They took the best parts of the first one and destroyed it. At its heart, the original is a fun buddy-movie; in this one, everyone hates everyone else. Come on writers; you can do better.

Stuffandmorestuff

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Highly recommend. My obsession with and respect for fungi grows daily.

I love Paul Stamets! He's the father of some of my fungi children (just kidding--idk are fungi male and female? Would they even take offense to having a misappropriated father?)

Thanks for sharing.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation. Its a fun movie (even if the plot is kinda far-fetched at times) and the action scene at the opera in Vienna is really cool :cool:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Schitt's Creek on Netflix.

God I love Catherine O'Hara in this. Her character's so delightfully horrible.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Schitt's Creek on Netflix.

God I love Catherine O'Hara in this. Her character's so delightfully horrible.

Catherine O Hara and Eugene Levy are married so often in roles I have to remind myself theyre not actually married irl I wonder at the subtle complexities of their professional friendship and chemistry.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Catherine O Hara and Eugene Levy are married so often in roles I have to remind myself theyre not actually married irl I wonder at the subtle complexities of their professional friendship and chemistry.

I never noticed this! That's so cute! I hope they're friends IRL.
They could have great on-screen chemistry just with platonic friendship spanning years, I suppose. Enduring friendships require a certain kind of chemistry all their own, as well. And there tends to be an overlap of companionate love in both platonic & romantic relationships, IME, so it makes sense they'd work well together portraying a couple, if they're longstanding friends IRL.

Then again, really strong actors can hate one another & still convince us otherwise.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the best movie to ever happen to me right now

Watching it presently. This is everything I could ever need.

It was even born the same year as me. It was MADE for me. It IS me. :cry: