• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lords of Chaos (about the infamous Norwegian black metal band, Mayhem)
Dark & unintentionally hilarious in some places.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The Top 25 Finds from "The Curse of Oak Island"

They mapped the swamp region by detonating 2 thousand charges and interpreting the sound wave patterns. There's an underground void that's shaped like a friggin ship in the swamp region. I think they've finally found something really interesting.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. Satisfying tieup for Jesse Pinkman. I still prefer to think he ran off to Los Angeles, suffered traumatic amnesia & became Todd (who he voices) on Bojack Horseman.
Think about it. Even the alias fits.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. Satisfying tieup for Jesse Pinkman. I still prefer to think he ran off to Los Angeles, suffered traumatic amnesia & became Todd (who he voices) on Bojack Horseman.
Think about it. Even the alias fits.

I bet its not even amnesia. Todd knows who he is. Bojack Horsman in the darkest timeline.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet its not even amnesia. Todd knows who he is. Bojack Horsman in the darkest timeline.

There is a bit of muted desperation beneath Todd’s lighthearted exterior, isn’t there?

The Cat

Staff member
There is a bit of muted desperation beneath Todd’s lighthearted exterior, isn’t there?

He clearly has more peace with himself because he knows what it is to be a true prisoner in life. And how its so easy to forgive Bojack after Walter.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He clearly has more peace with himself because he knows what it is to be a true prisoner in life. And how its so easy to forgive Bojack after Walter.

You could put up with nearly anyone after dealing with Walter.

The Cat

Staff member
You could put up with nearly anyone after dealing with Walter.

Tis truly the greatest gift the intj can bestow. Happy Halloween time Sister Hexicon.
your_friendly_neighbourhood_cultist_by_space__fish_dclzh3i-pre.png

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tis truly the greatest gift the intj can bestow. Happy Halloween time Sister Hexicon.
your_friendly_neighbourhood_cultist_by_space__fish_dclzh3i-pre.png

I couldn’t quite pin him as INTJ or ISTJ. Either seemed plausible. Best I could guess with certainty at the very least— he was a malignant narcissist, regardless of type.

And happy Halloween time tidings to you, Cat.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Needed a new show to watch and started 'Glow' a few days ago; binged several episodes last night. It's good! Ruth reminds me a lot of Diane from Cheers; similar features, voice, mannerisms. They did a good job of getting an 80's look and getting actresses who met some of the 'ideals' of the 80's.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. Satisfying tieup for Jesse Pinkman.

It was weird seeing every character looking a decade older when the movie timeline begins a day after the Breaking Bad finale. The most jarring was Fat Damon, who looked like he ate the previous Meth Damon. Although I must admit he was the best character in the movie. I liked how he used food discussion to disarm Jesse. Very appropriate.

I couldn’t quite pin him as INTJ or ISTJ. Either seemed plausible.

No it's not. He's ISTJ. He was always ISTJ. Nothing about him was INTJ, aside from the fact that he was evil and a schemer, but that's not the official description of an INTJ, it's just an internet trope.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was weird seeing every character looking a decade older when the movie timeline begins a day after the Breaking Bad finale. The most jarring was Fat Damon,

Well, it’s not like you weren’t aware of that time difference between productions. Jarring? That’s a top-shelf word for something you should’ve been prepared for.

who looked like he ate the previous Meth Damon. Although I must admit he was the best character in the movie.

:laugh: I forgot about his nickname. Meth Damon. Still good.
He makes for a great creepy incel in an episode of Black Mirror (“USS Callister” Season 4 - Episode 1). He’s a strong actor, gotta give him that.

Also, the weight gain was apparently for another film, from what he’s said in recent interviews.

It didn’t bother me. I mean— I noticed the contrast, obviously, just as Jesse Pinkman suddenly grew crows feet overnight— but it was easily slid over to the periphery of my awareness, & didn’t impact my ability to suspend my disbelief/get into the story.

No it's not. He's ISTJ. He was always ISTJ. Nothing about him was INTJ, aside from the fact that he was evil and a schemer, but that's not the official description of an INTJ, it's just an internet trope.

Admittedly, it’s been a couple of yrs since I binged that series. I think you & I discussed this before, back when I first watched it (getting some deja vu). Looking back, I get the impression that the writers initially wanted him to fit that INTJ mastermind trope, but he came out with heavier ISTJ vibes in the end result, hence my being on the fence. There were a few instances where he came off more NT than SJ, but I can’t summon the specific moments to mind, presently. It’s late, so I’m probably not articulating this as clearly as I’d like, but, maybe you’ll get what I mean, anyway.
:offtobed: