User Tag List

Page 165 of 265 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Oldboy. Four stars
    Fuck yes.

I mean.. I enjoyed that movie.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Clueless. I have no shame in admitting that it's one of my guiltiest of pleasures.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Imposter

I saw, "Imposter", last night. It purports to be about an American family who were fooled into thinking a French man was their lost child. And the family were presented as dumb and perhaps homicidal. But the reality was the French man was an accomplished confidence man who had carried out this confidence trick many times before.

It's easy to be fooled by a confidence trickster because we are able to trust most of the people most of the time, and the confidence trickster plays on our trust.

I mean, look around us, both astology and mbti are confidence tricks, yet we have day after day new people falling for them.

So I think the American family in, "Imposter", were deeply grieving the loss of their son, and this was exploited by the French confidence trickster.

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Oldboy. Four stars
    Mm... hungry for octopus now.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I saw, "Imposter", last night. It purports to be about an American family who were fooled into thinking a French man was their lost child. And the family were presented as dumb and perhaps homicidal. But the reality was the French man was an accomplished confidence man who had carried out this confidence trick many times before.

It's easy to be fooled by a confidence trickster because we are able to trust most of the people most of the time, and the confidence trickster plays on our trust.

I mean, look around us, both astology and mbti are confidence tricks, yet we have day after day new people falling for them.

So I think the American family in, "Imposter", were deeply grieving the loss of their son, and this was exploited by the French confidence trickster.
    They were also dumb, though. It was screamingly obvious that he was someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    They were also dumb, though. It was screamingly obvious that he was someone else.
    They had been searching and searching for years for their lost child, and here he was on the phone. They wanted him to be their lost child, he was even coached to be their lost child. And he was practised, for many time before he impersonated a lost child. It was the perfect storm - the grief, the loss, the longing perfectly met by the practised confidence man.

The movie itself though played a confidence trick on us. The movie appealed to our vanity, "How could they be so dumb", we thought, "We would never be that dumb. We are much brighter than they are".

And then the movie added injury to insult - and not content with parading the family to world as unbelievably dumb, they were paraded as murderers of their lost child. Even though there was no evidence whatsoever.

We were the ones subject to a confidence trick by this movie - we were made complicit in a cruel libel of this family. And how we kept saying to ourselves, "How dumb they are". But how dumb and cruel we are to be taken in by this shallow confidence trick of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    They had been searching and searching for years for their lost child, and here he was on the phone. They wanted him to be their lost child, he was even coached to be their lost child. And he was practised, for many time before he impersonated a lost child. It was the perfect storm - the grief, the loss, the longing perfectly met by the practised confidence man.

The movie itself though played a confidence trick on us. The movie appealed to our vanity, "How could they be so dumb", we thought, "We would never be that dumb. We are much brighter than they are".

And then the movie added injury to insult - and not content with parading the family to world as unbelievably dumb, they were paraded as murderers of their lost child. Even though there was no evidence whatsoever.

We were the ones subject to a confidence trick by this movie - we were made complicit in a cruel libel of this family. And how we kept saying to ourselves, "How dumb they are". But how dumb and cruel we are to be taken in by this shallow confidence trick of a movie.
    Screamingly obvious! I don't share your view.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Screamingly obvious! I don't share your view.
    Let's agree to disagree, after all they are only points of view.

@Nicodemus

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Saw Olympus Has Fallen. It's what the last Die Hard should have been. And there were some instances where the CG blood actually looked good.