• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I saw Bohemian Rhapsody. It was pretty good, even if it did take several artistic liberties (Queen never actually broke up, they just had a brief hiatus when he went off to Munich to live and record a solo album; Freddie didn't know about his AIDS until after Live Aid, and they did continue to record music up until nearly the end of his life, which just shows how devoted he was, so it might have been cool to see the recording of Innuendo and perhaps their 1986 Wembley show portrayed as their grand triumphs rather than Live Aid), but I get it, you have to create a meaningful narrative arc that will play well in a 2 hour timespan, so on that count, the film succeeds..

It's pretty sad, because had he contracted the disease a few years later, he likely would still be alive today with the right treatment and medicine, and they'd have gone on to make more albums. I can only imagine how Queen would've satirized the 90s and 2000s, since they always liked to poke fun at popular musical trends whilst simultaneously writing very earnest music that connected with people on a deep level. If alive today, imagine how well Freddie would've taken to the social media culture.

The movie did a good job of portraying how he was both a sweet, loving friend and a savage beast who didn't hold back when people were well deserving of being knocked down a few pegs. I realize it is really Freddie's story, but I would have liked to have seen his bandmates' characters and struggles explored a little more too, and perhaps have shown how they reacted to his death, in particular John Deacon, who pretty much quit the business after Freddie was gone. I don't think Deacon took it well at all.

Lark

I'm watching House MD, Prime has the entire series and I'm surprised by the amount of episodes I've not seen, I thought I had the entire series more or less on box set.

Digital media is the way everything is going.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just went to see Spiderman Far From Home and it was real cool imo - the action scenes and CGI were quite good and the plot was fun :thumbup:

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just watched the Steven Universe movie. Loved Spinel and her vintage cartoony vibe and the songs were lovely.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Freaks. I went in blind. This movie starts out kind of slow, but interesting, but it picks up and gets better and better. It's one weird movie in that the lulls are all in the beginning and the pace picks up and accelerates all the way to the last scene. Go see it.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ridley Scott’s The Martian - it’s a cool film and I liked how they showed both sides of the mission at the same time (on earth and in space) but I don’t think personally I’d survive more than two years without talking to anyone lol

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Song has been in my head since Sunday! :dry:

Why is there no thread on this excellent show?

Lark

I'm watching Chuck, its fantastic, I always liked this show but lately I've been thinking that the show is basically a kind of remake of Get Smart.

It totally works as such. Its only slightly less zany.

The episode I'm watching some guy had a watch which detected a low blood sugar and activated a kind of electric shock to waken them, I wonder if something like that would ever be a real thing.