User Tag List

Page 156 of 265 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Since I've been home for the holidays, I've been re-watching "Justified" season 2 with my parents. (I'm totally up to date, but they've been too focused on other shows to catch up.)

I'd forgotten how much I love the Bennett clan (plus Loretta) and their plotline.

On a related note: This season is reminding me how much I loved some of the smaller subplots in season 3, that this season is leading up to. My personal favorite: "These are the end times for Dewey Crowe!!"
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    You know what the best thing about watching TV in 2013 is going to be?

More Rose Leslie as Ygritte...
    You should see 'Downton Abbey' then. There she is, as you might enjoy watching, a maid.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You should see 'Downton Abbey' then. There she is, as you might enjoy watching, a maid.
    Almost finished the first season. A pretty good show.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Funny cat videos on Youtube, of course.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Jack Reacher

I've just seen the movie, "Jack Reacher", and with a sinking feeling I realised it showed people don't solve problems, guns solve problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I've just seen the movie, "Jack Reacher", and with a sinking feeling I realised it showed people don't solve problems, guns solve problems.
    I can't even imagine what scenario played out that got you to watch a movie like that. Some kind of social experiment maybe?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

While browsing from some of Roger Ebert's reviews the other night, I stumbled upon his three-star review of Paul Blart: Mall Cop. I figured I'd take a look at it since the full movie was published illegally on YouTube.

Naturally, I didn't expect much -- I expected it to be a light-hearted Adam Sandler-produced family comedy...so of course, '80s music and plenty of crude jokes were in store.

What I got? A rather clean Adam Sandler-produced family comedy, an astonishing accomplishment, indeed! However, the film suffered one teensy-weensy problem that comedies with Adam Sandler's name attached tend to suffer: IT WASN'T FUCKING FUNNY!!!

For a family comedy, the idea had a lot of potential. Fat hypoglycemic security guard (who for some reason eats Pixy Styx instead of taking actual medication...I guess it was supposed to be some kind of joke) must take matters into his own hands when the mall is being robbed. Sounds like somewhat humorous potential, but in the end, it carries legions of fat jokes with a third act that I guess was supposed to be a Die Hard "parody" that's played totally straight. Couldn't they have just had the title character booby trap the mall and let the slapstick ensue? (Kids like that shit.) Because when you parody much better action movies and do it totally straight, all you get is a mediocre action movie.

Anyway, the film took place in New Jersey, not Chicago, and it wasn't about black people...so there are further deductions to be made as to why Roger Ebert enjoyed the movie. And I deduce that he liked it because it had a fat protagonist.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

More independent shorts.

No regrets.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xxTP

I watched THE PRESTIGE. A good film which I recommend to those with taste. You know who you are.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Gangster Squad: A testosterone-driven Untouchables, with more than a few rip-offs of Brian DePalma's trade marks, such as slow pans and long takes (I was almost waiting for a split screen somewhere in there), plus the classic gunfights in which the good guys have perfect aim and the bad guys can't shoot shit unless there's a plot contrivance.