• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
13 Reasons Why. A Netflix series about horny teens in the throes of the hormonal maelstrom that is high school; it's excellent if you can stomach a series about little a-holes treating each other like garbage.

Did you really watch the whole thing? I couldn't go more than 10 minutes before I decided I could do better.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Netflix Series “You”

I watched that. Usually when I watch stuff like this, I'm rooting for the toxic relationships to continue or escalate. For this one, though, I was actually happy when he was with Karen Minty. It was a nice break from Beck, and I was glad about what happened to her in the end.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The second season of Future Man on Hulu. The first season was really funny. This was just okay, but worth a watch.

violetsunrise

Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I watched that. Usually when I watch stuff like this, I'm rooting for the toxic relationships to continue or escalate. For this one, though, I was actually happy when he was with Karen Minty. It was a nice break from Beck, and I was glad about what happened to her in the end.

Psychological thrillers are my favorite genre either in movies or television series, I agree I liked when he was with Karen Minty it was a nice change of pace and you thought he might have been okay possibly changed his ways if he stayed in the relationship with her. But deep down inside you knew he wasn’t going to be okay or stay with her. I think Beck seemed like an interesting character you knew eventually she was going to find out the truth about him and how their relationship came to be I didn’t expect her to die though and I wasn’t glad. It looks like they are going to have a season 2 with the way they ended things with his reunion with his first girlfreind.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Grand Admiral Crunch said:
Did you really watch the whole thing? I couldn't go more than 10 minutes before I decided I could do better.

I watched the first 8 episodes. I see what the writer is doing; he's putting every instance of crappy behavior onscreen as teaching moments on how not to behave, but it's become kind of unrealistic now. Every kid at that school is a freakin monster; it wasn't that way when I was in high school.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Trigger Warning w/Killer Mike on Netflix. I knew him via his activism, less about his music although it's regularly part of Silicone Valley on HBO so I'm familiar. He has unique approaches to perplexing topics plus it's funny.

Norsemen on Netflix. Not what I was expecting but I'm glad I started watching. Vikings yes with everyday, modern problems.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I watched the first 8 episodes. I see what the writer is doing; he's putting every instance of crappy behavior onscreen as teaching moments on how not to behave, but it's become kind of unrealistic now. Every kid at that school is a freakin monster; it wasn't that way when I was in high school.

Better time or place, I guess.

Bullies don't have well developed empathy, so I'd expect them to just give new ideas for tormenting from this type of show. But since I haven't watched it, I wouldn't really know.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Psychological thrillers are my favorite genre either in movies or television series, I agree I liked when he was with Karen Minty it was a nice change of pace and you thought he might have been okay possibly changed his ways if he stayed in the relationship with her. But deep down inside you knew he wasn’t going to be okay or stay with her. I think Beck seemed like an interesting character you knew eventually she was going to find out the truth about him and how their relationship came to be I didn’t expect her to die though and I wasn’t glad. It looks like they are going to have a season 2 with the way they ended things with his reunion with his first girlfreind.

Beck was a crybaby-drama queen-exhibitionist-whore. I say that without judgement. lol I could tolerate any one of those things, but it was annoying as a whole. I saw her in Joe's neighborhood and I was like "get out of here, homewrecker. Leave Joe alone!"

violetsunrise

Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Beck was a crybaby-drama queen-exhibitionist-whore. I say that without judgement. lol I could tolerate any one of those things, but it was annoying as a whole. I saw her in Joe's neighborhood and I was like "get out of here, homewrecker. Leave Joe alone!"

Once he moved on and started seeing Karen Minty I felt the same way. He did very well moving on from their relationship. I was hoping he wouldn’t go back to her either.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Thomas Crown Affair original version :cool: Its the best imo even if I liked idea of the art heist in the remake

StonedPhilosopher

MBTI Type
IDFC
managed to watch the entirety of malcolm in the middle this month

just impressed with myself because if i binge watch it's like one or two seasons one weekend then i get back to it like a couple months later. it took like eight months for me to FINALLY finish the office

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I watched Dumpling on Netflix. I was glad to see a show that wasn't rated for Mature Audiences. Too bad it was boring. Not enough people died in that.

Now I'm in the middle of the second season of Punisher on Netflix. That's more my speed. The computer programmer from the first season isn't in it though, and that's the whole reason the first season was worth while. I didn't particularly like the punisher's character but he's more likable in the second season.....I'd have already finished the season if my husband didn't want to watch it with me.

So I'm watching Burn Notice at the moment. It's okay.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm liking Solo more on the second watch, now that I'm not focused on comparing them to the older version of the characters and just paying attention to other aspects. I can see enough continuity between the young Solo and the older Solo now for the whole thing to work for me. And all the references to obscure corners of the universe don't stick out so much to me.

L3 still annoys me, though. I mean I liked the concept and the look of the character, but it didn't work for me that she was entirely played for laughs. It kind of come off like an attempt to make an activist version of 3PO, which I just found incredibly irritating. I haven't gotten to the part yet where the Falcon gets damaged, but that's probably my other issue with the movie, that they couldn't just have it get damaged up a bit and trust that the audience would get that eventually end up looking like it's in Episode IV. It's a little too cute that it goes from being shiny and new to being as damaged as we first saw it in one movie.

So, the rankings would go like this for me:

1. TLJ
  2. Rogue One
  3. Solo
  4. The Force Awakens

Sorry, I'll take Canto Bight over Death Star III any day. TLJ's low points are better than TFA's low points for me. My general opinion of the movie is that they tried way too hard to prove they were nothing like the prequels. They blow up the New Republic just as we learn that it even exists, because people complained about "space politics" and "trade routes" ad nausem, which were far from the chief problems with those movies, but hey, it was on a Plinkett video, so it must be true.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Eighth Grade. One of the more uncomfortable coming of age films; the kid actress is terrific in this, but the character is so awkward --- you almost feel bad when you laugh at her struggles to fit in.

Permabanned