User Tag List

Page 150 of 265 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2647

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    life of pi in 3d was insane.
    I couldn't agree more. I saw it last night and I was like "Wow." Didn't think too much about the CG tiger though, it looked like a CG tiger that stuck out of the stunning beauty of the rest of the intentionally surrealistic CGI. The scenes at night were fucked up (in a good way) -- like the glowing fish in the ocean and also the whale sequence, and also the shot after the ship has sunk but its lights still glow underwater. I was kinda peeved at the couple of scenes where the aspect ratio is changed, however. In both cases, it seemed a little too gimmicky (especially with the in-your-face shots of the fish flipping over the black bars) which took way from the film's compelling nature.

Every year after Avatar, there seems to be one live-action 3D movie that makes excellent use of the technology as a means of telling the story, last year was Hugo and the year before it had TRON Legacy. And then, of course, there's guilty pleasure Final Destination 5.

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'd like to thank @Gish for sharing this with me:

03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i finally bit the bullet and watched all of game of thrones. well technically i fell asleep during maybe three episodes in the first season. i'd been avoiding it because i'm really not into the whole medieval era and honestly that was still offputting for me. it's just a type of nerdiness i can't deal with for whatever reason. but it was still pretty good. i like peter dinklage and the dragon mother.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Skyfall. I thought it was pretty good considering I don't really watch Bond movies.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Feeling a bit of '90s nostalgia, I purchased three '90s movies on blu-ray.

Dante's Peak, a disaster movie, and Spawn and Johnny Mnemonic, movies that were disasters.

I only watched Spawn and the other two movies are eagerly awaiting to have the plastic removed off their cases. As for Spawn, I liked it when I was 13. Watching it at 27, I think to myself, "Why?" The production values were abysmal. And God, some of the CGI was bad even in 1997, particularly the Hell sequences. However, the animation of the Violator character (whose alter ego is played by John Leguizamo doing an over-the-top Danny DeVito Penguin impression (yes, that is possible)) was halfway decent, and Spawn's suit and flowing red cape remain pretty bad-ass...but my GOD!!! The only way I could sum this movie up is through a quote by Steve Buscemi in Armageddon; It's like Dr. Seuss' worst nightmare! Yes! That line sums up this movie.

And surprise, surprise. George Lucas' name is mentioned in the "special thanks to" credits. No wonder the film had so many Star Wars rip-offs, like Nicol Williamson (you may remember him as the guy who played the Nome King in Return to Oz) playing a poor man's Obi Wan Kenobi. Imagine if Lucasfilm became part of Disney back in '97! Satan would be Mickey Mouse!

The film was directed by Mark A.Z. Dippe, and surprise, surprise, it was his directorial debut. His previous films were as a visual effects artist and later supervisor for The Flintstones, Jurassic Park, Terminator 2, The Abyss, and others. Whenever a former visual effects supervisor gets behind a camera, we get John Bruno's Virus, Stefen Fangmeier's Eragon, Pitof's Catwoman, and the list goes on and on and on...(David Fincher, Michael Bay, and Joe Johnston are exempt because they were storyboard artists).

Spawn made absolutely no sense in many parts, and the scope was so ambitious and so little was done with it. It's hard telling which movie was worse, Spawn or the other epic [fail] superhero movie that came out the same year, Batman and Robin. At least the latter had better puns (oh yes, the puns in Spawn were far more obnoxious) and had a sense of style that was fun to look at, not to mention a smokin' hot Uma Thurman. Spawn is a decent concept owed to the comics on which it's based, and this is a movie that really deserves live-action a reboot...and make it a hardcore R this time, without the embarrassing fart jokes.

Reviews for Dante's Peak and Johnny Mnemonic coming soon...
    Last edited by The Ü™; 11-28-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The 90's nostalgia continues.

The case of Dante's Peak jumped out of its plastic wrapping like the magma of a volcano. Speaking of which, this movie is about a volcano, and it stars Pierce Brosnan (you may know him from Mrs. Doubtfire and The Thomas Crown Affair) and Linda Hamilton.

This one didn't hold up too badly at all, which means I don't have much to write about it, but I'll do my best.

Maybe it might just be because I watched Spawn right before, but I thought the production values were excellent. And the depiction of the film's chaos was actually quite believable. There is some lovely miniature work and pretty matte paintings. And while watching the film, I completely forgot that Pierce Brosnan played James Bond, and his chemistry between the children in the movie is quite well indeed.

On the other hand, as is common with disaster movies, the characters often do really stupid things...some so stupid that it actually made me laugh. And the film is noted for the most awkward timing for a Wilhelm scream.

Dante's Peak may not be a masterpiece, but I found it to be somewhat believable and entertaining...which reminds me, what is that other movie about a volcano that came out the same year? Ah yes, it's called Volcano. I might have to get that one next time so I can compare it.

The next episode of 'Boardwalk Empire' is going to be fun.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Ugh. Dexter is making so many stupid decisions.

Also...

Frankly, I like Deb a whole helluva lot more than I like Hannah fuckin' McKay.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Frankly, I like Deb a whole helluva lot more than I like Hannah fuckin' McKay.
    I do too! She's much more sympathetic, as well as better written and better acted.

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I do too! She's much more sympathetic, as well as better written and better acted.
    Couldn't agree more. I just think that Dexter has such flawed taste in women.