User Tag List

Page 15 of 265 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I watched Charlotte's Web, which came from Netflix today. I almost cried in the movie -- maybe it was Danny Elfman's wonderful musical score, or maybe it's because pigs are really cute.

As a G-rated picture, the film was naturally subtly twisted. The film contained a bacon breakfast and some references to pork rinds. I was surprised that the pig didn't get fed any bacon...I wonder if that is something that the American Humane Society would protest against?

Regardless, despite discussion and images of pork, the end credits stated, "No animal was harmed in the making of this film."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

I've been watching Nathan Barley and The Mighty Boosh episodes on YouTube, since both are completely unavailable in the States and I'm stuck in the house with that damned tropical storm passing over. The first Boosh episode I watched was Old Gregg...my god. I was utterly "WTF" and yet immediately addicted. I didn't laugh much while watching it, but after the fact that voice repeating "I'M OLD GREGG" and that half-smiling face kept popping into my head and making me laugh to myself. I had to show it to my friend so she'd stop looking at me like I was nuts. Then I saw the Milky Joe one and was sold. I wish they made region 1 dvds.

MBTI
    ESFJ

MSNBC coverage of Obama and Biden
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP

Wanted (2008) - 2/10 Attempted yet failed to replicate Edward Norton's Narrative/Monologue from Fight Club, predictable piss poor story at best, failed on its delivery of 'bullet time' (albeit the curving bullet concept was somewhat cool) and poor acting all around - especially the whiny main character. Not Recommended.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

Mud and rain and chaos... Array TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

hellboy 2
    and typed as I watched

hellboy - isfp
    blue guy - infj maybe infp
    princess elf - infj
    german guy - estj
    paranormal HQ guy - isfj

MBTI
    INFP

I've been watching different episodes of all six seasons of "The Nanny" off and on and LMAO for about two weeks now the neighbors must think I'm crazy. I'd forgotten how funny Niles the Butler was when he made sarcastic cracks at CC Babcock and all of Fran's family is funny too! Love that show.

MBTI
    XNXP

Default At Da Movies

I propose this thread of mine be stickied - and constitute a place where members can post reviews of movies they've seen recently.

I plan on seeing the new Coen Brothers film soon.

I recently watched possibly the worst movie I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot in my 54 years. It was billed as having Tom Hanks in it, but it turned out to be a made-for-TV thing that he was in as a very young man. It was almost to the point of being so bad it was good, you know. Almost. Me and my MST2K fellow appreciator were often laughing inappropriately, but we tend to do that even during "good" movies. The title was "Mazes and Monsters". An older relative had given it to me ( a DVD ) as a gift, because she remembered me liking mazes as a young man. It was loosely based on a true story about another young man in the early 80's who disappears from university life without explanation. The theories about his disappearance center around his extreme interest in Dungeons and Dragons, and some maintenance tunnels underneath the campus where he is a Freshman. The movie takes a lot of liberties with the real story, which I read back then, and one might think that this would make it more interesting. Wrong.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type

I believe there is a movie reviews thread, probably inactive for a while.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I believe there is a movie reviews thread, probably inactive for a while.
    Before posting this I went to Arts and entertainment and looked for a stickied thread on it.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

This one?

Watcha' Watching?