• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Romper Stomper (1992)
MV5BMTIxNjgxNDA4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTY4NDEzMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Starring: Russell Crowe, Daniel Pollock, Jaqueline McKenzie

A group of Australian skinheads become alarmed at the way their neighbourhood is changing.
Interesting movie indeed, and very topical for a Swede like me. Cultural warfare, racism and violence. Makes me think of the massimmigration and refugee crisis.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Arn: The Knight Templar (2007)
MV5BMjY2NzE0OTQ4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzQ4NTE3MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

'Arn, the son of a high-ranking Swedish nobleman is educated in a monastery and sent to the Holy Land as a knight templar to do penance for a forbidden love.'

Arn: The Kingdom at Road's End (2008)
MV5BZGM5NWQwMGUtYTA5My00MjFkLTliN2UtZGJjZjU0Njg3ODZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA3OTI5MjA@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

'The Knight Arn is sent on a last mission against Saladin. He has to win this battle, before he can go home to Sweden, and finally marry his Cecilia and start a family. But the peace back home is threatened by the Danes.'

A Swedish duology well worth watching in my opinion.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Noah (2014)
MV5BNThkMjExYTEtMGYyNi00MWIzLThkNGQtMTM3YzBkZjFhZGI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ2MTk1OTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Starring: Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly, Anthony Hopkins

My all time favorite movie as it perfectly captures the relationship one should have towards the Creator. The total ownership and omnipotence on God's part, and I am talking pure power and Fatherly authority here, and the absolute submission of His loyal subject Noah is just magnificent to see being portrayed in this film. I love it. I only wish the director Darren Aronovsky would make more screen adaptations of Bible stories as this one brilliant. :thumbup:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Detroit. Pretty good, nice seeing John Boyega in something else. Also, features Jim from the Office in a somewhat unlikable role. It also gave me a bit more understanding and context for some of the sociopolitcal issues going on today. I know movies shouldn't be taken as historical documents, but I guess it's interesting to see what it must be like for someone in that situation.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Comrade Detective on Amazon Prime....a cop show set in 80s Romania, allegedly made at the time (it wasn't, but is in the style of East Bloc shows done at time. Very fun.....

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just finished A Young Doctor's Notebook with Daniel Radcliff and Jon Hamm. Jaysus, I always seem to stumble over some movie/series starring Jon Hamm. It's weird!
The series is a compilation of short-stories and ended in 2012. They are amusing and I'd recommend them if you don't want to watch anything too deep and complicated.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Logan. It's good and satisfying but very violent. I believe this is the Wolverine that fans wanted to see all along.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Manchester by the Sea.....overhyped BS...I suspect Amazon pulled some huge shenanigans to get crtical support. Oh, he is just going to emote for 2 hours with no growth or understanding.....and it isn't even good emoting....

American Sniper....really good, especially at showing the toll war takes on soldiers and their many moral compromises, as well as an unwillingness to consider the validity of the action.....

Can we take a joke? Nicely done documentary on how PC has destroyed humor at colleges. The black student's story at Washington State, where the university paid 40 people to disrupt his satire student musical, was awful. And the poor Hispanic student at Reed getting savage because one SJW couldn't take a joke.. what a sick society.....

Miss Sloane---ugh, that was really bad.....unbelievable plot, characters, etc....heavy handed politics.....

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
La-La Land. I really wanted to like this; the colors and scenes look great, but it falls short. None of the songs are catchy and the dancing isn't very good.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sherlock Jr, it's an awfully charming silent comedy.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nocturnal Animals with Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal

with weird endings just about with every movie I've seen with Jakey G..

but it made me feel alive.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WWDD

ahahah. What a dumb show... it's good enough for me to keep me for the early months of between this year and the last SEASON OF GAME OF THRONES

HOLY SH3qip0 noggin nigrenokaerhgk mpakerhpkgn [aoje hnrokf OKW GDKOtnorwgpi0n[ai9owrnef[go0U [94OWGRKNAO'HM
L[ERHO[EK'RN; 'KBGOA' GROJ AO HIRJG [AOK[R B'GAK P;BJN RHI[JAB OJ BR[JIA [J R'JA EJKLR;E BJIKA ;EKJBG air hr; k aj ek braka bi;e rj ep h;aejr aijo5[nyh empir';,./iohweto na'gpkn'rnaporin'ogkebrbgoakengklrn gknk;dfmg;alm;fgklnajoetrbguaern ak'erng klaoe't5[iy0pjqm
[aper;,.'
dbfgwij0[myp34mpyihn[ ei5rhgjpmhgeo'jhipaenin;engpkean [hinaei nhiaenjgpkma
plrmg
p mar'gpknakmnf;lfflFxdcftvygbhujnkml,;.'÷

...and I probably should actually make content that'll inspire people and ironically myself to go forward...

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
American Psycho. What an awesome film. I need to read the novel sometime.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just finished binge-watching The Tick on Amazon. I think it was well done, and I'm looking forward to more episodes.

The-Tick-1.05-Fear-Of-Flying-Midnight-Onward.png

There is no God. There is only... dog.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
12 Angry Men courtesy of a school assignment. Watched it and wrote about it....best homework ever.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I watched No Country for Old Men a few days ago. What a great movie.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Watched Seth MacFarlane's "The Orville". I hope it's more than Family Guy in space. The first episode was ok; I didn't think the jokes were all that funny but I do like the design of the ship and the look of the crew.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Working through through Rear Window in three chunks around work and home obligations.

Mole

Permabanned
I Am Not Your Negro

I saw I Am Not Your Negro last night. It is very well made and worth seeing for its own sake. But on top of that it shows us the nature of the USA. It shows the difference between fantasy and reality in the USA. A must for Americans and those who want to understand America. Click on YouTube