• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This was brilliant! Long since cancelled though. I showed someone it for the first time and got her hooked, hah. She don't know how it'll end though.

rvfvclv

awkward
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
I've been watching Dark Matter. I highly recommend it if you're into Sci-Fi.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hudson Hawk. Some people regard it as one of the worst movies ever made, so I couldn't help but wonder how it compared to Deadfall. I started scratching my head at around 25 minutes. By 35 minutes in I thought it was one of the stupidest things I had ever seen. But I persevered! I'm sort of amazed that 1) Bruce Willis did it, and 2) that his career survived.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gypsy is actually a really good show. I think she shows more of how a real life INFJ might be.

*curiosity
*going against social norms for standing up to reveal to people who they really are
*despite that, caring about others

yes, yes other types do it too.. I just think INFJ's make it a priority in their lives even when it costs them their friends and maybe even their family

It shows the negative really well. All the parts what piss people off, but I feel deep for it because it's like a reflection of me

I just feel relieved that there is a person like her being portrayed on TV because not everyone gets this type of person, and does a good job of seeing her daydream, an inner look as well.. because they have very much a huge internal life

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dunkirk in 70 millimeter. It was visceral and intense; I was on the edge of my seat quite a few times. I liked the inter-cutting of different story-lines, and the loudness of the theater made me feel like I was actually in a war zone. My only complain was that it was hard to make out some of the dialogue of the pilots between the British accents, the mouth coverings and the airplane machinery.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
watching People vs O.J. Simpson on Netflix. I am on episode 7. I am very impressed by the quality of the show. They not only captured the case, but the media circus around that.

Anyone who was not an adult in 1994 likely would benefit from watching the show, to get a much better understanding of just how major it was. Cable news came alive with Desert Storm, but this took out to a much higher level.

I was working a summer job at a foundry when the murders took place. My two closest coworkers were middle-aged African-American men who lived in Compton and South Central. This was just 2 years post Rodney King riots. We had a lot of great conversations on race and class.

The morning after the murders, they were certain that O.J. had done it, but they still wanted him to get off, due to their hatred of the racist justice system. The eventual turn to making the case a race issue rather than a mere celebrity trial was very logical, given the back drop of racial tensions in SoCal.

But O.J. had large support from all over the community and it really was the greatest reality show outside of war (or the last election).

I happened to be on the freeway driving back from San Diego when O.J. was in the white bronco. The radio suddenly was saying , " He is passing mile maker 54" on every station. I was about 2 miles behind. I did choose to take an alternate route and race ahead of the mess. I did see cars and people and signs out.

Anyway, our crazy celebrity driven culture existed before the O.J. trial, but it really got out of control after it. Reality TV and police procedural shows became the norm.

Anyway, this show is well done.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finished the first season of House of Cards. Amazing series so far.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1st episode of Girls, it's an odd show.. but interesting enough to might go on.

ETA: finished 2nd episode..

Marnie Micheals is my favorite character on that show.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Bear (1988)
MV5BMTM5NDQ0MzYxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzUyNjIzMTE@._  V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Starring Tchéky Karyo, Bart the Bear & Youk the Bear.

A brilliantly filmed/directed movie with amazing acting from the animals involved. Really a must see.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Name Of The Rose (1986)
MV5BMjg5NTFmYzctYmJiMS00NjBkLWJiMzEtM2I4MWYyYWM3MjIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI4MjkwNjA@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Starring: Sean Connery, Christian Slater & Helmut Qualtinger

An intellectually nonconformist friar investigates a series of mysterious deaths in an isolated abbey.

Good movie for anyone with a general interest of the Catholic faith and its history, even though the script is based on a fictitious novel by Umberto Eco.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
MV5BOTAzODEzNDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1MTgzNzE@._  V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I just rewatched this movie on DVD, last time I saw it I was in a cinema. I must say, I love it. I love stories with a focus on good vs. evil, although it is a very modernized Star Wars with an African stormtrooper representing internationalism and multiculture, and a female actor in the leading role sort of carrying the entire film forward representing equality. I do have a problem with that as a form of brainwashing propaganda, but the movie as a whole is great and I am looking forward to the next one coming in December.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The Last Templar
MV5BMTgzOTI4Mjg5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjM5MzI4Nw@@._V1_UY268_CR13,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

An adaptation of Raymond Khoury's novel about a New York archaeologist researching the lost secrets of the medieval Knights Templar.

The story plain sucks from my Christian perspective as it is way to fictitious when it comes to the Knights Templar. Why would Knights Templar of all people think of doing what they did in the movie? Why? :shrug:

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm watching an aussie rules game and it just feel so good to just sit and enjoy the match.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
MV5BOTAzODEzNDAzMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU1MTgzNzE@._  V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I just rewatched this movie on DVD, last time I saw it I was in a cinema. I must say, I love it. I love stories with a focus on good vs. evil, although it is a very modernized Star Wars with an African stormtrooper representing internationalism and multiculture, and a female actor in the leading role sort of carrying the entire film forward representing equality. I do have a problem with that as a form of brainwashing propaganda, but the movie as a whole is great and I am looking forward to the next one coming in December.

Hollywood will probably try to find a way to gay that one up somehow.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm watching Close Encounters of the Third Kind and reaffirming my belief that it is one of the best movies ever made.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Never mind, I forgot that they already did with C3PIO.

LOL :D True indeed, but I can accept a droid.

MV5BMTYyOTM5NzU3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTQxNjAxNzE@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)
Starring Anthony Hopkins, Winona Ryder and Keanu Reeves.

A classic horror film with an element of love.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Recently got to see Woody Allen's "Cafe Society" but I found it a bit boring, rushed and pointless. First the lead actors were hardly believable in a retro setting and their relationship was kind of bland but there were also some useless scenes supposedly funny - for example with Bobby's family back in New York - while other moments could have been much more interesting to show. I also expected a lot of cinematographical effects since it is set in the 1930's but honestly with the way it was filmed it could have been set today :D