• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
A Monster Calls. Liam Neeson's best role since Dark Man. It's not a fun, exciting, or adventurous type of movie; it's a sad and depressing one but it did keep my interest. Basically, if you're a morbid, mopey type of fellow, you'd enjoy this.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Life

Not very original but solid and with constant tension. 7/10
A great warm-up for Alien:Covenant tonight...finally ! :D

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Finally saw Wonder Woman; it's a fun summer film.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finally saw Wonder Woman; it's a fun summer film.

Oh yes, I saw it too! Was pretty good.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Clannad. I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying it so far. It's a very Delta show, by Socionics terms.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Anne with an E

My brother says its absolutely painful but thats why I think its so good.

I love anne of green gables.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
The 30 for 30 ESPN film on the Lakers/Celtics rivalry. Sports fanaticism is irrational; it'd be better if we could just enjoy a competitive sporting event without the emotional attachment to the team, though I guess it's the emotional attachment that makes people watch it in the first place. Probably has something to do with feeling good when "your team" wins.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Saw "Silence of the Lambs" for the first time last night and can not get over how good it was. One of my all-time favorite movies now. And Anthony Hopkins brings one of my all-time favorite performances, in any movie, ever.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Saw Interstellar again on broadcast TV, but I still don't get how adult Murph realizes that:

and also

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just seen "Spy Game" from 2001 and it was okay, there were some parts which were a bit boring but Robert Redford's character was fun :D

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Finally finished The Wailing on Netflix. Superb horror mystery flick!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Book of Henry: I almost didn't see it due to the low ratings, but it's not bad. The kid actors are terrific.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just watched again "The Artist" and I've got to say it's a great film - I especially like how they really captured the style and essence of late 1920's-early 1930's silent Classic Hollywood films :)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
"The BFG": Disney's take on the Stockholm Syndrome. It's slightly above average. For some reason Roald Dahl's books don't translate well to the big screen.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
GLOW - first two episodes. It's cringey in the same way as Orange is the New Black, which is difficult for me because I have a hard time with cringey humor. But I fucking love Marc Maron and he is incredible in this show - he was meant for the role.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
GLOW - first two episodes. It's cringey in the same way as Orange is the New Black, which is difficult for me because I have a hard time with cringey humor. But I fucking love Marc Maron and he is incredible in this show - he was meant for the role.

Fair warning: it gets even cringier as they adopt their wrestling personas.

As for me, I watched Star Trek Beyond. I thought this was the best of the new Trek films. I think it best captured the optimistic tone of Trek and I really liked that it did that. Star Wars is kind of getting darker (and I expect the next movie will continue this trend), which I'm fine with, but it's good to have a ray of light somewhere in the science fiction universe.

Also, I thought the both the alien planet and the Yorktown was pretty interesting. I don't think I've ever seen an environment like the Yorktown on film before.

Atomic Fiend

I rewatched Titanic for the first time in almost 20 years. There's nothing new here, but I used to say always start when the Iceberg is struck, or the parts leading up to it.

I recind that belief and now state that one should begin at the part where Leo draws Kate Beckonsale in the nude if you intend to watch to the credits. Jake and Rose's relationship is implied if you go in at the iceberg part so you at least know what's going on, but you get to see tits if you just power through that extra 15 minutes or so.

But yes, on a serious note yes the second half is the best part of the film.