• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Trash Panda

Retired
i watched locked up: women behind bars

- - - Updated - - -

and then i watched squidbillies

- - - Updated - - -

my tastes are sophisticated to say the least

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Kung Fu Panda (2008)

The Dragon Warrior has to clash against the savage Tai Lung as China's fate hangs in the balance: However, the Dragon Warrior mantle is supposedly mistaken to be bestowed upon an obese panda who is a tyro in martial arts.

Wonderful animated film I must say. I really liked it.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our Gut: Our Second Brain

very fascinating summary of current research in the area. well worth watching

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
This really weird short film on youtube.

The strange thing about the johnsons.

Im not really sure... what... its so... blegh.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Edge of Seventeen with Woody Harrelson and Hailee Steinfeld. Woody does a great job portraying a burnt out school counselor; their scenes together are the highlight of this film.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Finally watched the pilot episode of "My So-Called Life". Angela's a terrible person but we're supposed to forgive her because she's a teen under the influence of hormones. Still, it's very well acted. Bess Armstrong is terrific as the ESFJ mom. I've caught several random episodes (I think on MTV.) many years ago, but never saw the series in sequence. I hope Angela becomes less annoying.

Finally watched the pilot episode of "My So-Called Life". Angela's a terrible person but we're supposed to forgive her because she's a teen under the influence of hormones. Still, it's very well acted. Bess Armstrong is terrific as the ESFJ mom. I've caught several random episodes (I think on MTV.) many years ago, but never saw the series in sequence. I hope Angela becomes less annoying.

That’s one of my favorite shows. :) I wouldn’t say Angela’s a terrible person, but she does have this moody ‘I hate the world’ attitude that many teenagers go through at a time, especially towards their parents. A lot of girls around her age were able to relate to her in some way because she's much more realistic and flawed compared to the typical cheesy, over-the-top characters from shows like Saved By the Bell or 90210 during the late 80s/early 90s era. But I agree that she can be annoying at times, true. She does get better later on in the series when she finally gains some confidence in herself.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Stargaze said:
I wouldn’t say Angela’s a terrible person, but she does have this moody ‘I hate the world’ attitude that many teenagers go through at a time, especially towards their parents.

She dumped her best friend and treated Krakow, her little sister, and her mom like crap.

I was watching the commentary on the pilot episode last night. Danes was only 13 in this and she played a 15 year old; she should've been nominated for an Emmy.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bridget Jones' Baby. I feel kinda jipped about the ending and who turned out to be the father. It feels like something wrong was done.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just watched Star Wars : Rogue One and personally I think it is really one of my favorite Star Wars movie, after the episodes IV, V and VI of course :) Honestly, I thought it was even better than The Force Awakens - which was a cool movie but for me this story was kinda more interesting :D In TFA, what I liked the best was to see the old characters from the original trilogy again and I could not get really involved with the new characters to be honest :huh:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just finished up all 3 seasons of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Typical police procedural, loner detective who skirts the rules. Out adds in a healthy amount of nasty political infighting.

Well done for what it is. Amazon is doing good work with their original work, on par with Netflix, cable, send network stuff.

Worth watching if you like detective dramas.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Four episodes into "Iron Fist". I've got some problems with it conceptually, and the pacing is pretty off -- why so slow?? -- but it's a lot better than I expected. Certainly worlds better than "Arrow".

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finding Big Foot.

It's like the ghost hunting shit they put up for views. Can't help but feeling it's played up for dramatic effect and makes me cringe. Makes the whole mystery look downright ridiculous and damages the credibility of those who feel they've seen things.

:campfire: they sit by where they set up camp, do their thing, pass out

*one of them jolts awake* :thelook: "I heard a stick break!" "Get up! Get up!" *repeats what he heard* *guy repeatedly asks what he heard* They walk around with that face looking around nervously. *a few more branches* "oh my god! fuck this, I'm out! Fuck this, I'm out!" - big foot

don't even get me started on ghosts "HEY GHOST! I got this device here surely if I ask you to speak you'll speak in front of our camera and give us views!"

It's like a circus. Hey, let's tweak and over dramatize because our gullible audience won't know any better and just eat it up!

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Watched the series finale of ST: Voyager on BBC America. I had forgotten about the Chakotay/7 of 9 pairing; I hope to forget this once again.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watched the series finale of ST: Voyager on BBC America. I had forgotten about the Chakotay/7 of 9 pairing; I hope to forget this once again.

Ikr? It seemed blatantly obvious the true romance was Chakotay and Janeway, the way they built up their relationship throughout. It's like they changed their mind last second.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The long awaited, newest installments of Twin Peaks.

David Lynch's reaction to his own work quite mirrors my own.

Obviously I love it so far. Watching week-to-week is going to be some kind of wonderful agony.

Also been enjoying the recent episodes of Doctor Who, & the series American Gods, based on Neil Gaiman's book. Highly recommend.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Watched Lucy last night; not sure why but I'm enjoying this a lot more on TV than at the theatre.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just watched "The Pelican Brief" (1993) for the second time in my life - the first time I was like 12 so I didn't recall a lot of it :D It's an okay movie but there's quite some plot holes in my opinion. Like, why Darby stays all this time in New-Orleans knowing that killers are after her and how is she suddenly able to travel to New York without getting recognized ?