• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My newest guilty pleasure: the "Lethal Weapon" TV show.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Finished the two seasons of Carnivale. The characters were interesting but most of them were unnecessary to the story. I don't need a season 3.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm watching Gilmore Girls from the beginning. (Not that I even got that far)

Those two ladies will replace my social life. It will be a very long time when I'll finish the series and the new Netflix special.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
East Side Sushi. I like this one. It's got a nice score and a good story about hard work and perseverance.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Learned an important lesson today: If you're going to watch "Silence" -- and you should, especially if you're even slightly Christian -- do NOT follow that up by watching any TV or movies where large numbers of people die for a cause, and their deaths are supposed to be relatively disposable.

I learned this by watching "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" the day after watching "Silence". And it royally fucked up my brain.

I don't know how to feel.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Spirited Away

Slowly building a Studio Ghibli movie collection for the kids. Thus far, we have Spirited Away, Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle, Kiki's Delivery Service, and My Neighbor Totoro. So cute and I love watching them too when my attention span doesn't suck, which is rarely :shrug:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Recently watched the film Anomalisa which I'd come across from a youtube channel.

I kind of want to do a review of it because there were so many different elements that jumped out at me. Notably to do with Hegel's concept of aufhebung.

Maybe one for a rainy day.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finished the first season of Luke Cage, some interesting elements to the story. It felt like it was going to be built to be incredible but kind of got a little weak towards the end.

Spoiler, don't read this if you didn't finish the show.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Finally caught the new Ghostbusters film. It's a mediocre movie that tries to be funny but fails; it's like a 90 minute SNL skit. Please let there not be a sequel. The biggest problem is that this is an 80s film for an 80s audience and it just doesn't work. I don't think the original Ghostbusters would've worked if it came out today either.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Watched Deepwater Horizon on my flight today. Really good film.

I am very glad BP was shown to be the greedy stupid bastards they are. I know some people who worked on the litigation of this. BP was cutting every corner and violating all the rules. Worker safety and environmental safety were not their concerns at all on this or other projects.

Back to the movie, it really demonstrated the best and worst of humanity. Some people couldn't make decisions or handle the pressure. Sometimes fear is so overwhelming that someone else needs to make decisions.

And the Mark Wahlberg character's reaction at the end of the film was well done. One can keep it all together in a crisis, but need to process it afterwards in the most primal ways.......

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rewatching GoT from the beginning. You catch a lot more when you don't feel like you're catching up with everyone else.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Watching the latest Sherlock; oh how a series has fallen. :dont:

Then again I wasn't a fan before, but it became a sort of...family watch.