User Tag List

Page 133 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2647

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Saw The Amazing Spider-Man. I initially considered it a "Why?" movie, as in "Why even bother remaking a movie franchise that's just 10 years old?" And that's what it ended up being, except it was better than I expected it to be. It was good, not great, and certainly not amazing, especially when pitted against Spider-Man 2, which was a work of genius at the time.

The CGI for this outing is mostly pretty good, but nothing we haven't seen before. For a movie trying to be "gritty" and "realistic," because I guess that's the fad these days, it still felt like a cartoon. The filmmakers should've drawn from Batman Begins for inspiration on how to make an essentially preposterous storyline dark and gritty, not to mention masterful. And as is, The Amazing Spider-Man, despite clearly having no relation to Sam Raimi's universe, still manages to see little change. I don't understand why they couldn't just continue Raimi's universe with some of the same actors.

Which brings me to my next point, where Tobey Maguire was a better Peter Parker, Andrew Garfield is the better Spider-Man. I loved Garfield's smart-assed interpretation of Peter's alter ego, but he simply wasn't nerdy enough to be a good Peter Parker.

Special props go to James Horner's musical score though, which seems to plagiarize Danny Elfman's scores in both Raimi's Spider-Man films and others. Although I guess it's a step up from Horner's renowned self-plagiarizing.

MBTI
    INFP

We just blew through Mad Men season one and onto two. Mad love for Draper.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm DVR'ing the Tour de France and the British F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone.

I'm watching Murray and Federer go at it in the finals at Wimbledon.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    IsFJ

La piel que habito (The Skin I Live In). Disturbing, suspenseful, filled to the brim with crazy people. Loved it, trés Almodóvar.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Episode #3 of 'The Newsroom' was much better than last week's. But they should get rid of Emily Mortimer as soon as possible.

How did you like the last two episodes from your American perspective, @DiscoBiscuit?

actinomycetes Array raindancing's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Just watched The Trip. SO FUNNY! I love this movie. Can't remember the last time I laughed so much...
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I saw Savages today. Pretty good. Nice and violent. Possibly Oliver Stone's best since Natural Born Killers, another excessively and deliciously violent picture.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Episode #3 of 'The Newsroom' was much better than last week's. But they should get rid of Emily Mortimer as soon as possible.

How did you like the last two episodes from your American perspective, @DiscoBiscuit?
    She is kind of one note.

Jeff Daniels and Sam Waterson have impressed me mightily. I'm interested to see where they take the show as it gets closer to real time.

Jeff's speech at the beginning was pretty good.

Edit - also the bit about the Tea Party getting co opted by the far right. That was really good and something that most people don't know or don't care about.

And this:

"The tea party is being radicalized and their original organizing principles, obliterated, and no one should be laughing anymore. They should be scared shitless. My party is being hijacked and its happening in real time."

Lastly and most importantly, the fact that it needs to be a republican pointing these things out.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

Dick Van Dyke. I find this show hilarious, also I love lucy is coming on after, which is even funnier.
    by @magpie

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    She is kind of one note.
    Her 'funny' scenes are unwatchable.

Jeff Daniels and Sam Waterson have impressed me mightily. I'm interested to see where they take the show as it gets closer to real time.
    Agreement here.

Edit - also the bit about the Tea Party getting co opted by the far right. That was really good and something that most people don't know or don't care about.

And this:

"The tea party is being radicalized and their original organizing principles, obliterated, and no one should be laughing anymore. They should be scared shitless. My party is being hijacked and its happening in real time."

Lastly and most importantly, the fact that it needs to be a republican pointing these things out.
    I expect they will use him the way they used Ainsley Hayes (Emily Procter) on 'The West Wing'.