User Tag List

Page 131 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I saw Prometheus andAbraham Lincoln vampire hunter. both were pretty good but not my usual kind of movie.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I was rewatching The Long Kiss Goodnight, a superb 1996 action thriller starring Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson, back when people knew who Geena Davis was, and back when Samuel L. Jackson still played mostly supporting characters being supportive to the lighter-skinned protagonist. Feminism aside, solid and creative action sequences, a hardcore R-rating, and one bad-ass explosive finale punctuate this film directed by Renny Harlin at the prime of his career (I thought his 1995 pirate movie Cutthroat Island was an underrated swashbuckler). Everything was perfect until a pathetic typo in the end credits, where the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," played in the film, is spelled as "Santa Clause is Coming to Town."

Seriously, I could expect teenagers who have no actual taste in movies (and yet somehow still manage to be educated by them) to spell it this way because they might have seen the 1994 Tim Allen family comedy The Santa Clause when they were kids, but is the movie really memorable enough for a professional title designer to misspell a name that was only made a pun for one movie?

And why was an amusement park in New Jersey operating in the winter time?

MBTI
    INFP

We bought Boardwalk Empire the HBO series and it's so amazing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I was rewatching The Long Kiss Goodnight, a superb 1996 action thriller starring Geena Davis and Samuel L. Jackson, back when people knew who Geena Davis was, and back when Samuel L. Jackson still played mostly supporting characters being supportive to the lighter-skinned protagonist. Feminism aside, solid and creative action sequences, a hardcore R-rating, and one bad-ass explosive finale punctuate this film directed by Renny Harlin at the prime of his career (I thought his 1995 pirate movie Cutthroat Island was an underrated swashbuckler). Everything was perfect until a pathetic typo in the end credits, where the song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," played in the film, is spelled as "Santa Clause is Coming to Town."
    ARRGHHH. I hate speeling errors!

I watched MIB 3. What can I say? Childish alien creatures, childish humor. And the idea that no average citizen is aware of the MIB organization is wearing thin, especially after the jet pack scene. However, I did appreciate the bad guy, he reminded me of Tommy Chong gone nutso on PCP. The time machine scenes were excellently done. And the ending was well-executed.

I must have liked the movie because I bothered typing the characters.
    Reminder (for others):
    Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, they're = they are, their = belonging to them, there = not here.

actinomycetes Array raindancing's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Ah I'm glad you mentioned this, I read about it a while ago and thought it sounded good, but had forgotten about it.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    It is quite good.

I watched the first episode of the newsroom last night and really enjoyed it.

A good portion of critics have panned it, but as of right now it's sitting with an 8.9 audience score at metacritic.

The mirror it holds up to the media may be a little too clear for some critics comfort.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I watched the first episode of the newsroom last night and really enjoyed it.
    Watched it, too. I like the idea a lot; it has the potential to actually change minds.

Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    it has the potential to actually change minds.
    We can certainly hope.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Enneagram
    8w9

I'm re-watching HBO's wonderful John Adams.

[YOUTUBE="nrvpZxMfKaU"]John Adams - The Declaration of Independence[/YOUTUBE]
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so