• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Kas

Fabula rasa
Anomalisa today.

I haven’t seen Inside Out yet (and I heard it’s good). But right now I’m disappointed that Anomalisa didn’t get Oscar, it's an interesting animation.

I’ve also seen Mad Max recently (Oscar movies backlog) and I think I froze at the beginning and didn’t move during all the movie. That’s a good review from me :D

Raffaella

bon vivant
master of none

What say you? I thought it was overrated, like Parks and Rec. Nothing original. I can't believe I sat through an entire season.

- - - Updated - - -

First nine eps of The Twilight Zone. Loved it! How could I not?

Permabanned
What say you? I thought it was overrated, like Parks and Rec. Nothing original. I can't believe I sat through an entire season.

- - - Updated - - -

First nine eps of The Twilight Zone. Loved it! How could I not?

ye, sorta, bit over the top, in a pseudo-intellectual-culture-critic-wonnabe way, haven't finished it, PaR less so, more stand-up comedy-ish.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Allegiant. I greatly enjoyed the first 2 films, but this one is just ok. It suffers from a sudden change in location and villain. The action scenes are good but there aren't enough of them. I did like the wall in the early scenes -- very tall and beautiful structure.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Allegiant. I greatly enjoyed the first 2 films, but this one is just ok. It suffers from a sudden change in location and villain. The action scenes are good but there aren't enough of them. I did like the wall in the early scenes -- very tall and beautiful structure.

I just watched it too. I liked it, but I agree i really enjoyed the first 2.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=4883]Cimarron[/MENTION] - I finally got around to watching Hachi the other day..... :puppy_dog_eyes:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finally got around to watching the Big Short. I loved the book and was surprised they were making a movie about it. It was very entertaining and explained the housing meltdown very well (and no, it was not due to the CRA like bank apologists like to say), especially how Wall Street was desperate for bad mortgages and pushed loans with real predatory lending.

Even if you don't want an education, it is a great movie with really good acting all around.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
We were going to go and watch High Rise this weekend but it's not playing anywhere now :( (plus the small matter of illness fucking everything up) I read the book and it's really good.

Watchingwise, we've been watching a rented copy of superhero show Alphas. Shoulda not been cancelled.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hachi what? What did I recommend, again? :unsure:

Haha, One time we were randomly talking about what sad movies there are out there, and iirc you ranked this one pretty high lol.

Mole

Permabanned
I saw The Jungle Book last night, and the special effects are superb, only spoilt by casting Mowgli as a self conscious American boy. It would have been better and more appropriate to have cast Mowgli as a less self conscious Indian boy.

But the special effects are wonderful.