User Tag List

Page 126 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2646

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    No idea - INFP 5w4, maybe?
    I am for INJ, leaning towards F. There is a massive amount of what is described as Ni around here.

I do need to read more of that Rorty book...
    More than... nothing?

Also, I found it kind of hilarious how much she looks like my teacher; there's something almost narcissistic about the movie selection, given that she's spent 80% of our classes parroting the same points about holism repeatedly instead of dedicating more time to how we should go about using references in our theses. At least I had the common sense of skipping the class where she shows a movie about this Japanese scientist who tries to prove water molecules are affected by mood.
    What was that movie's title, and were there others?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I am for INJ, leaning towards F. There is a massive amount of what is described as Ni around here.
    Could be. It's a bit hard to separate the ideas from the person there... It's that kind of movie.

More than... nothing?
    I... I read the intro! I just... This hasn't been a very productive semester for me, OK, Nic?

What was that movie's title, and were there others?
    I don't know (Water, maybe?), but I do think the guy was Masaru Emoto. The fact that this theory was used in What the *Bleep* Do We Know? is, in itself, a warning sign to me.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

I... I read the intro! I just... This hasn't been a very productive semester for me, OK, Nic?
    You don't owe me anything. If it doesn't interest you, don't read it.

I don't know (Water, maybe?), but I do think the guy was Masaru Emoto. The fact that this theory was used in What the *Bleep* Do We Know? is, in itself, a warning sign to me.
    So, no other films?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    You don't owe me anything. If it doesn't interest you, don't read it.

So, no other films?
    No others, I think. It's not a series, as far as I can tell.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Finally watched Inglorious Basterds last night.

It was glorious.

Gross Anatomy.

MBTI
    INFP

In New York I had the pleasure of seeing The Book of Mormon on broadway and I recommend it highly

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I rewatched Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. A classic. It would make an excellent Broadway musical.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Haywire
    So Steven Soderbergh makes a Bourne-like action-thriller starring a non-actor MMA star (Gina Carano) in which it seems as if every Hollywood leading man of the last three decades wants to kill her (Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas, Ewan McGregor, Michael Fassbender). The action and chase scenes are very good, Carano knows how to move like the athlete she is. I read some reviews that trashed her acting ability, but I thought she was adequate. It's true in the non-action scenes she's a bit stiff and lacks any sort of charisma. She also is 100x more comfortable sprinting down an alley than walking around in a dress. Thankfully most of the movie has her on the run. The reason they want her dead is flimsy, and I doubt I'll be able to remember the plot in six months, which is another weakness with the film. Still an enjoyable entry in this post-Ripley-Buffy world.
    Recommended.

(in)formation Array Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    872 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Haywire
    So Steven Soderbergh makes a Bourne-like action-thriller starring a non-actor MMA star (Gina Carano) in which it seems as if every Hollywood leading man of the last three decades wants to kill her (Channing Tatum, Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas, Ewan McGregor, Michael Fassbender). The action and chase scenes are very good, Carano knows how to move like the athlete she is. I read some reviews that trashed her acting ability, but I thought she was adequate. It's true in the non-action scenes she's a bit stiff and lacks any sort of charisma. She also is 100x more comfortable sprinting down an alley than walking around in a dress. Thankfully most of the movie has her on the run. The reason they want her dead is flimsy, and I doubt I'll be able to remember the plot in six months, which is another weakness with the film. Still an enjoyable entry in this post-Ripley-Buffy world.
    Recommended.
    I saw this one not to long ago (mostly out of my undying love for all things Fassbender). I left unsure how such a flat script could have attracted such incredible actors. To be fair, though, it had some pretty strong fight sequences, and I won't front like I wasn't entertained. I just felt it fizzled a bit.