User Tag List

Page 122 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I don't watch TV or film. I don't believe in them.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

The Barber of Siberia. Surprisingly good so far, and plays to my nostalgia of my days in the Former Soviet Union. (But damn, 3 hours long?!)

Insert witty line here... Array Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hatfields & McCoys on the History Channel. Its pretty good Unfortunately the finale is tonight alongside Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals alongside the Celtics in the Conference Finals....what to do? what to do?
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

MBTI
    IsFJ

Yesterday I watched Mindwalk in one of my classes. I was expecting two hours of Liv Ullman playing the Philosophically Advanced Scandinavian Who Teaches Us All About Holism (a "magical Norse", if you will), but it was actually pretty solid for a movie that's basically a lecture with characters.

John Heard's constant pointless quotations were pretty annoying, though. :/
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

INTP friend recently showed me the film, Dancer In The Dark. Morbid/weird/good movie, I won't give the plot away. I'll pass the film along if anyone wants to watch it.

http://stagevu.com/video/qrsnspzildjm
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

jock and i just finished the first season of downton abbey.
    starting the second season now.

breaking bad next.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    jock and i just finished the first season of downton abbey.
    starting the second season now.

breaking bad next.
    WhatDidYouGuysThinkOfIt?

SorryMySpaceBarIsCurrentlyBroken....

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    WhatDidYouGuysThinkOfIt?

SorryMySpaceBarIsCurrentlyBroken....
    I love it. Thomas and O'brien are wonderful, it's juicy, and Maggie Smith is of course superb as the snipey british lady. Her sourpuss face is the best.

I initially thought Mr. Beeeeeehhhhhts was a nice counterbalance to some of the other characters but he wore out his welcome by the middle of the season. Self sacrificing to the point of straight up concealing truth. Infuriating character.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yesterday, I saw Snow White and the Huntsman. And I enjoyed it quite well. The visual effects and animation were amazing and the digital characters looked breathtakingly realistic, particularly my favorite CG creature, a troll. It was possibly the most realistic organic creature since the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. And the dwarves, played by normal sized actors, including Bob Hoskins and Ian McShane, were also seamless.

In fact, my biggest complaint about the movie was the bizarre casting. Kristen Stewart would've fared much better as the Evil Queen, because she looks evil and is evil. She was certainly not the fairest in the land, for she didn't have blond hair and blue eyes. And Charlize Theron was also, for some reason, miscast, despite successfully playing villains before.

And why do the characters in fairy tale/fantasy film adaptations always have British accents? For God's sake, Snow White wasn't even a British fairy tale! And The Spiderwick Chronicles was one of the rare films of this genre to defy that convention, in which British actors played Americans.

Maybe Kristen Stewart is going for Oscar gold like Charlize Theron before her and needs to have a poor British accent added to her resume to reach the Holy Grail of acting.

Oh and yeah, Chris Hemsworth merely kissed Kristen Stewart's corpse in the movie, presumably to keep it at a PG-13.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Yesterday, I saw Snow White and the Huntsman. And I enjoyed it quite well. The visual effects and animation were amazing and the digital characters looked breathtakingly realistic, particularly my favorite CG creature, a troll. It was possibly the most realistic organic creature since the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park. And the dwarves, played by normal sized actors, including Bob Hoskins and Ian McShane, were also seamless.

In fact, my biggest complaint about the movie was the bizarre casting. Kristen Stewart would've fared much better as the Evil Queen, because she looks evil and is evil. She was certainly not the fairest in the land, for she didn't have blond hair and blue eyes. And Charlize Theron was also, for some reason, miscast, despite successfully playing villains before.

And why do the characters in fairy tale/fantasy film adaptations always have British accents? For God's sake, Snow White wasn't even a British fairy tale! And The Spiderwick Chronicles was one of the rare films of this genre to defy that convention, in which British actors played Americans.

Maybe Kristen Stewart is going for Oscar gold like Charlize Theron before her and needs to have a poor British accent added to her resume to reach the Holy Grail of acting.

Oh and yeah, Chris Hemsworth merely kissed Kristen Stewart's corpse in the movie, presumably to keep it at a PG-13.
    Oh god, I saw this film against my better judgment. I would blame my sister, since she guilt-tripped me into going, but she ended up hating it more than I did (to the point that she wanted to walk out, but I hate doing that so we sat it out) so I think she got her fair punishment.

Anyway, this was the most hilariously terrible film I've seen in a while! I actually laughed through about 70% of it because (1) Charlize was a large ham extraordinaire, and not in a good way, (2) many, if not most, of the plot elements were illogical, (3) there were a LOT of drawn-out close-up shots of both the albino guy with the Lord Fauntleroy haircut and the dwarf with cataracts, which were very funny, (4) there were a lot of stolen homage shots from other films, making it kind of like a fantasy genre parody, and (5) the forest fairies looked like Gollum mixed with the Ferngully characters. The other 30% of the film was made up of boring scenes involving one or other character traipsing around in the woods.

In short, it was bad, but it did make me laugh. It was a true exercise in absurdity.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness