• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
So she was very rich and very hot. But what about her inner life. What was she like as person? Was she happy? Was she well balanced? Or did she smother her inner life with drugs in order to present her rich, hot image.

Imagine we were looking at her from the inside. What would we see?

I don't know well enough to say. I think she has a facebook page. I would imagine her life is like that of many young, rich, European girls. But, then, we all have our private spheres in which we are nothing like anyone else, don't we?

heart

heart on fire
For Blue Monday: Speaking of Orlando Bloom and down under, did you enjoy him as Joseph Byrne in Ned Kelly?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For Blue Monday: Speaking of Orlando Bloom and down under, did you enjoy him as Joseph Byrne in Ned Kelly?

*snort*
I didn't see that. Was it good?
Of course, he was also in LOTR, another epic flick from the Land of the Long White Cloud. I thought he was kind of magical in that one.
Actually tho, he can't act for sh*t. Have you seen Elizabethtown? *cringe*

heart

heart on fire
*snort*
I didn't see that. Was it good?
Of course, he was also in LOTR, another epic flick from the Land of the Long White Cloud. I thought he was kind of magical in that one.
Actually tho, he can't act for sh*t. Have you seen Elizabethtown? *cringe*

I liked that version of Ned Kelly, but then I was comparing it to the Mick Jagger version so that might have biased me.

I haven't seen Elizabethtown, what's it about?

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Colmena - check the timestamps - you freeek me out.

It's in my top 5 of all time.

:) Mentioning the same film doesn't surprise me, but at the same time is a little funny.

I have Whale Rider on my Criticker wishlist. Its probable score isn't particularly high, but I like the themes, and I know Lisa Gerrard did a lot of work on the soundtrack.

But I finally added it after seeing it on this link.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I haven't seen Elizabethtown, what's it about?

"After causing a loss of almost one billion dollars in his company, the shoe designer Drew Baylor (Orlando Bloom) decides to commit suicide. However, in the exact moment of his act of despair, he receives a phone call from his sister telling him that his beloved father had just died in Elizabethtown, and he should bring him back since his mother had problem with the relatives of his father. He travels in an empty red eye flight and meets the attendant Claire Colburn (Kirsten Dunst), who changes his view and perspective of life. "

And it's actually worse than it sounds.
You'd have to be a real die-hard fan of the Bloomster to get anything out of it.

heart

heart on fire
To Blue Monday: Yeah the plot sounds lame. Bloom is not really a favoritre flavor of mine. I'll watch anything with Ethan Hawke in it though or Keano Reeves.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have Whale Rider on my Criticker wishlist. Its probable score isn't particularly high, but I like the themes, and I know Lisa Gerrard did a lot of work on the soundtrack.

But I finally added it after seeing it on this link.

Cool site - thanks for linking.

I found Whale Rider profoundly moving and affecting, it really spoke to me. Probable, no, not in a literal sense but the movie is a metaphor. It's brilliantly original. Also very Maori-ish.

I can't particularly remember the sound track - but I know Lisa Gerrard from Gladiator - she rocks.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Body of Lies. F'n amazing, best spy movie in years. Do you like movies? Go see it.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Last night I saw a surrealist '30s silent movie set to avant-garde, retrospective jazz. One of the best films I've seen in years:

Read this:

I felt this movie like emotional braille, 9 December 2005
9/10
Author: nonalaurie from United States

I saw Borderline several years ago on AMC. I've been looking for it ever since. It was haunting: visual, textural, sensual. This movie took me somewhere like a dream and I didn't care where. I will never forget the curtain blowing in the breeze. I still remember the way it made me tilt my head. I remember my facial expression when I saw it. I didn't know what had happened when the movie was over, but I find life is that way. It didn't bother me. The unfairness of the ultimate rejection of an innocent character strikes me as sadly real. I loved the faces, the way the camera dwelt upon them. The camera gazed at the set with the unfocused eyes of a daydreamer. Borderline was real to me in a way movies aren't. It was exactly the lack of explanation, color, sharpness that made it enter my consciousness like a thief in the night. I love this movie. Someday I will own it.

I also saw Paul Newman making me hate him in Hud. Some pretentious camera work, but a script of wisdom and importance.

And I saw Satyajit Ray's (seemingly) take on Bergman's cathartic, Wild Strawberries. Some excellent dream sequences, and surprisingly meditative despite the scene and characters, but not a film to fall in love with.

colmena's recent film rankings

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
bullshit! yeah watching this show depresses me, no I take that back. the fact that this show needs to exist depresses me. what the fuck happened to common sense?

Mole

Permabanned
"Burn After Reading".

I am just about to go and see, "Burn After Reading", up at the Manuka cinema.

Now I want you to be here when I return. But I want you to realise this - when I see a movie I enter a trance so you need to know how to treat someone in a trance.

And it is simple - you just treat them as a child you like.

There is no need to be smart. There is no need to be analytical. There is no need to be argumentative or even defensive. All you need to do is to listen to me as though I were a favourite child.

It will be good for you.

See you soon.

Mole

Permabanned
I am just about to go and see, "Burn After Reading", up at the Manuka cinema.

Now I want you to be here when I return. But I want you to realise this - when I see a movie I enter a trance so you need to know how to treat someone in a trance.

And it is simple - you just treat them as a child you like.

There is no need to be smart. There is no need to be analytical. There is no need to be argumentative or even defensive. All you need to do is to listen to me as though I were a favourite child.

It will be good for you.

See you soon.

Comrade MBTI Centralers, my God, I've just seen a weird movie. And I am feeling weird.

The problem is the movie was about some silly people who didn't know they were silly. But I identified with them. I could see I am silly but I don't know I am silly. And I can see how silly all my posts to MBTIc are silly as well.

But worse we sillies tried to blackmail some very serious CiA agents. And even worse, we even tried to use some very serious KGB agents against CIA.

But even worse some of the silly people were killed - a couple of them.

And even worse, I walk past the Russian Embassy every night and I usually say hello to them through the fence. But the Russians always pause for a moment before they reply and say hello back. But why do they pause - what are they thinking while they are pausing. Are they checking me out?

But even worse, when I walk past the American Embassy at about 10 PM at night, it's even creepier. There is no one about and no cars at all. The American Embassy in on a hill and you can see for hundreds of yards in every direction. So the uniformed marine on duty can see me walking towards him for at least 100 yards. And as I pass him, I wave and say, G'day. But he completely ignores me. He doesn't pause like the Russians - he give no sign of my presence at all.

I know the Grenadier Guards at Buckingham Palace won't give any sign even when they are tickled by American tourists. And of course I wouldn't tickle a marine on duty anyway.

So you can see I am feeling very weird anyway.

But in the movie the only person to get what they wanted was a very silly women who got the CIA to pay for her cosmetic surgery.

So the movie kind of had a happy ending.

But I don't know what to make of it all - you will have to see the movie yourselves.

So it was a kind of funny but scary movie. But it made me realise what a silly person I am. And I don't even know I am silly.

But tell me - I trust you - do you think I am silly too?

Mole

Permabanned
Don Quixote and Don Corleone

Silly billy.

Aren't I.

I am so influenced by the movie I see. If I were not a silly billy, I would choose sensible movies, uplifting movies even beautiful movies.

I remember even as a little boy I would try to imitate the heros on the screen and fall in love with the heroines.

I guess I like a movie that suspends my disbelief. And mostly they do. Sometimes I get bored. And sometimes I get embarrassed by being so impressionable.

But I am the same with books. First of all I fall in love with a book. Then I digest it. And only after that I analyse it and judge it.

If I were to analyse and judge as I first read a book or saw a film, I would not be able to fully take it in.

And its the same with people. First I take them in. Then I try to understand them. And only finally analyse and judge.

Mostly it's fun being a silly billy - but sometimes I scare myself or get things out of proportion.

So I try and read different books and see different movies in the hope of finding balance. I've been Don Quixote and Don Corleone. As Don Quixote, I followed my dream. And as Don Corleone, I followed hard reality.

But most of all I like to share my silliness with others.

Perhaps I can persuade you to be silly with me. And we can both be silly billies.

But seriously, would you prefer me as Don Quixote or Don Corleone? After all each of them is a Don.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Seriously Victor, I know zero about the Don's.

Pick a Don! Pick a Don! Any Don!