User Tag List

Page 119 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2647

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Do they give a good explanation as to why they need all the other people when they already have Thor?
    Covering more ground, I guess?
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I watched 2 movies last night the first one was Pink Flamingos-Most ridiculous movie I have ever seen. And Horrible Bosses-One of the funniest movies I have ever seen
    by @magpie

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Watching "Great Expectations" (1998).

Love this movie.

Senior Member Array Winds of Thor's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Watching "Great Expectations" (1998).

Love this movie.
    Ohh! I love that movie.

There's a seafood restaurant 10 mins down the road from my place in FL called Starfish.and reminds me every time because it's where the lawyer meets with Finnegan and his father to tell them Finn gets to go live and be an artist in New York. The mansion where the old lady lives is the Ca d' Zan on Sarasota Bay and they made it to look all overgrown and run-down for the movie but it's really nice. They do lots of weddings there. . Fun fact Friday.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

HBO's weight of the nation.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I got back from seeing Battleship today. The best way I can describe it is Transformers being eaten and coming out the other end. Literally. The insanely detailed robots have been digested into insanely detailed yo-yos. And it appears the human side of things suffered the same fate as the robots. Where in the first Transformers, the human character development, while superficial, was surprisingly entertaining. We get the same thing with Battleship, minus the entertainment.

As for the actual fx, they were great from a technical standpoint, but it's sad that ILM is the only visual fx facility that I know of that created, in addition to photorealistic dinosaurs dated back to 1993, digital shit -- first CG dewback shit in The Phantom Menace and now Transformer shit. Even sadder is when they actually put an effort in actually making shit look good. I really didn't have a problem with the shots of the alien at the end that received criticism, what I had a problem with were the constant and pointless slow-motion scenes, made worse with constantly changing camera speed in the same shot that I thought would only be in the trailers. There is one shot where an explosion is reversed for a second...what was the point?

Perhaps the worst part of the movie is never getting to learn more about the aliens. None of the characters even get to even explore the alien ships on the inside, and we don't really get to understand their motivations. What wasted potential. And sadly, The Avengers is likely to water down Battleship's box office performance, which I estimate will do okay the first week, but will see an insanely drastic drop the following, so we probably won't get a sequel to ever find it out

I didn't expect much from Battleship. I thought it was one of the stupidest ideas ever put on screen...but I hoped that it would somehow be made into something, perhaps entertaining, at least. Alas, Battleship is unimaginative even by Hollywood standards.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I got back from seeing Battleship today. The best way I can describe it is Transformers being eaten and coming out the other end. Literally. The insanely detailed robots have been digested into insanely detailed yo-yos. And it appears the human side of things suffered the same fate as the robots. Where in the first Transformers, the human character development, while superficial, was surprisingly entertaining. We get the same thing with Battleship, minus the entertainment.

As for the actual fx, they were great from a technical standpoint, but it's sad that ILM is the only visual fx facility that I know of that created, in addition to photorealistic dinosaurs dated back to 1993, digital shit -- first CG dewback shit in The Phantom Menace and now Transformer shit. Even sadder is when they actually put an effort in actually making shit look good. I really didn't have a problem with the shots of the alien at the end that received criticism, what I had a problem with were the constant and pointless slow-motion scenes, made worse with constantly changing camera speed in the same shot that I thought would only be in the trailers. There is one shot where an explosion is reversed for a second...what was the point?

Perhaps the worst part of the movie is never getting to learn more about the aliens. None of the characters even get to even explore the alien ships on the inside, and we don't really get to understand their motivations. What wasted potential. And sadly, The Avengers is likely to water down Battleship's box office performance, which I estimate will do okay the first week, but will see an insanely drastic drop the following, so we probably won't get a sequel to ever find it out

I didn't expect much from Battleship. I thought it was one of the stupidest ideas ever put on screen...but I hoped that it would somehow be made into something, perhaps entertaining, at least. Alas, Battleship is unimaginative even by Hollywood standards.
    These movies exist only to make a quick buck, because there are plenty of meat heads out there that will eat this up. I won't be seeing Battleship, because it looks like nothing more than an opportunity to flex some CGI biceps and show what state of the art action effects look like... Which is boring. I'd rather watch a 2:00 trailer. That's enough time to get my fix for those sorts of things.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    These movies exist only to make a quick buck, because there are plenty of meat heads out there that will eat this up. I won't be seeing Battleship, because it looks like nothing more than an opportunity to flex some CGI biceps and show what state of the art action effects look like... Which is boring. I'd rather watch a 2:00 trailer. That's enough time to get my fix for those sorts of things.
    Oh and that was the other problem with the movie. Rihanna. A complete and utter rip-off of a far superior tomboy character in Aliens.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Oh and that was the other problem with the movie. Rihanna. A complete and utter rip-off of a far superior tomboy character in Aliens.
    Rihanna "acted" in it, or she was on the sound track? I don't think I've ever seen someone successfully dabble in Hollywood that first started in music.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Rihanna "acted" in it, or she was on the sound track? I don't think I've ever seen someone successfully dabble in Hollywood that first started in music.
    Oh yes, she was in it.