• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Stradivarius: Mysteries of the Supreme Violin on NHK World. Violin makers attempt to unravel the mysteries of the Strad violins and what makes them sound so good. No definitive conclusions reached but it is interesting to watch violin enthusiasts geek out over the Strad.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

it was awesome i knew the story behind the doll, but apparently they made a movie about annabell i wonder if it's on netflix.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I saw the thing

it was amazing i loved it. i'm gonna watch the 3rd in his apocolypitic series tonight or tommorw i don't remember the name all i remember is it has mouth in it.

violett

The Wolf of Wall Street

(Jorden Belfort - Estp - 3w2 - so/sx/sp)

* my ex-brother in laws twin, I'm not kidding either. But, instead of a stock broker he's a food broker. I was a bridesmaid in his wedding when they came to the part in their wedding vows which state "for richer or poorer" he said "for richer and richer".

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Kitchen Nightmares: Return to Amy's Baking Company This couple is a national treasure. I hope they don't go under.

violett

Movies I have watched over the past few weeks:

Dead Man Walking
The Wolf of Wall Street
Gone Girl
The Great Gatsby
Inception
An Officer and A Gentleman
The Shawshank Redemption
The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo
Apocalypse Now
Shutter Island
Whiplash

TV Shows/Documentaries:

Breaking Bad
Fraiser
House
Law and Order
Jodie Arias - Dirty Little Secret
Crimes of the Century
The Killer Speaks
Hoarders
Househunters International
Flip or Flop
Parts Unknown

also, had a conversation over dinner about my fascination with dark subject matter and true crime (my type 7 father asks why I have and interest in negative things and can't I watch things which are more positive) and my daughters type 5 bf said people say the same thing to him, it seems we have common interests, which makes me wonder if I don't have a 5 fix.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i''m watching doc martin. it's my mom's fault she's the one that got me into, but damnit it's so good highly reccomended if you like house. not exactly the same as house but definetly similar elements. one being a snarky genius doctor. but the feel to the show is different than house.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Women's soccer match between the USA and Sweden; it was a thrilling 0-0 tie; lots of running around and all that good stuff.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Only You starring Marisa Tomei and Robert Downey, Jr.; movie mostly sucked but Tomei is absolutely gorgeous in this.

Ingrid in grids

I've been rewatching all of Terrence Malick's films recently. The only one of his I still haven't seen is The New World, which I think I'll watch today.

Mole

Permabanned
Scientology and the Prison of Belief

I've just seen the documentary Scientology and the Prison of Belief.

And every day I walk past the Religion of Scientology advertising in the public street a free personality test.

The documentary claims Scientology is another American money making cult which is aided and abetted at the highest levels of American Government, namely, the Inland Revenue Service.

And naturally anybody who makes such a false claim is a Suppressive Person and is Fair Game for the good members of Scientology.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Pixar's Inside Out; can't go wrong with Pixar films.

93JC

United Gates of America, a 2006 BBC documentary about Canyon Lake, California: the biggest gated community in the state. It touches on quite a few things: why the residents moved there (to escape the rampant crime outside the walls, mostly), who lives there (predominantly middle-class white families), what there is to do in the community (as one woman put it, "three things: have an orgy, gossip, and drink"), the governance of the place (community bylaws are written by the Property Owner's Association, therefore the only people who get a say in how the place is governed are registered property owners, who are predominantly the men of the households; in effect most women are de facto not eligible to vote), what the future holds for the kids who grow up in the community (not a whole hell of a lot; one teenaged boy they follow in particular can't even join the Marines because he fails the basic aptitude test spectacularly), and they even talk a wee bit about 'Minutemen' who watch over the nearby border.

I'll admit I'm biased, I have little patience for people in Homeowner's Associations and the like (including my own neighbourhood's community association, which thankfully has no actual power to set bylaws or anything of the sort), so this entire documentary appealed to me as a sort of Schadenfreude. The idea of living in a gated community seems sociopathic to me, which the airhead Stepford wives, loser, stoner kids and skinheads of this documentary reinforced. Canyon Lake seems like a soulless hellhole.

(YouTube link)