• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Mole

Permabanned
Unfriended

I saw the movie Unfriended. It is a study of the social pathology of school children on the internet.

It is exaggerated for dramatic effect, and is indeed the acting out of a revenge fantasy.

But nonetheless it delineates the false selves, the conformity and the cruelty of school children.

Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72LWqCx3pc&spfreload=10

á´…eparted

passages
I saw the movie Unfriended. It is a study of the social pathology of school children on the internet.

It is exaggerated for dramatic effect, and is indeed the acting out of a revenge fantasy.

But nonetheless it delineates the false selves, the conformity and the cruelty of school children.

Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q72LWqCx3pc&spfreload=10

Haven't seen it, I have no interest. Heard mixed reviews overall, as is the case with most horror movies of that vein.

Either way, I think it's safe to say your new pet issue and tool to appear morally superior and holier than thou is going to be the internet. How ironic and trite.

Just couldn't quite let go of "the children" though, eh?

Nicodemus

Haven't seen it, I have no interest. Heard mixed reviews overall, as is the case with most horror movies of that vein.

Either way, I think it's safe to say your new pet issue and tool to appear morally superior and holier than thou is going to be the internet. How ironic and trite.

Just couldn't quite let go of "the children" though, eh?
Victor has always talked about the internet and social phenomena in his sermons. There is nothing new here.

93JC

52 Pick-up, a thriller from '86 starring Roy Scheider and Ann-Margret. Slow-paced and kind of boring in retrospect, but it had its moments.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
"All About Bette", a restrospective on the life of Bette Davis, narrated by Jodie Foster. I take back the part about her being a creepy actress. That was only true in a small handful of films in her later years.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Series premiere of Wayward Pines, a M. Night Shamalon directed series. Let the wild speculations begin.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ISTJ had me watch The Heat the other day... hilarious, but... that scene in the Denny's... oh my god

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Peter Jackson's LOTR: Battle of the 5 Armies. Poor Beorn, he got robbed; they only gave him about 3 seconds of screen time and that was my favorite part of the book. Also, I hope Cumberbatch gets typecast as a dragon from now on; that'd be funny.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Age of Adaline. Great to see Kathy Baker (Dr. Jill Brock from Picket Fences) again; not so great to see Harrison Ford play a doddering old dude. Is it me or does Blake Lively look eerily similar to Cate Blanchette? The movie just misses the mark. I didn't see much chemistry between the two leads.

Oh and Ellen Burstyn plays a lady who ages much faster than her relatives once again -- strange coincidence if the casting director didn't know about Interstellar.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No No: A Dockumentary - About Doc Ellis who pitched a no hitter while on LSD and then messed his life up. Not really a sports fan, but this was good.