User Tag List

Page 116 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2645

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Insert witty line here... Array Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    Currently obsessed with Storage Wars.
    I loved it at first but then A&E just kept showing the same episodes over and over And that guy, Dave Hester.....Ugh, just so frustrating or annoying, or something watching/hearing him!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right

Retired Member Array
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I finally got around to seeing Blue Velvet with a friend who lists it as one of his all-time favourite films. It didn't really live up to my expectations, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I saw The Raven today. I can see why the studio got IMDb to give the film's page its customized skin. It's easy to promote either a good or bad movie, but you have to work even harder to promote a lukewarm movie such as this. With its basic serial killer premise (reminiscent to From Hell), you would think the film would have more spice in its storytelling methods. But no, it is too uninterested to even throw at us any stylish gimmicks. (It can only conjure up a couple of shots of slow-motion bullets, which is so 1999.) You would think that a movie with so little scares to offer would try to compensate for that with several tons of gore splatter, but it is too lazy to do that. I mean, it wasn't a bad film, but it wasn't a good film either -- there was nothing memorable about it. And that's what makes The Raven one of the worst cases of all.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

MBTI
    ISTx

Right now I'm watching the movie 'Shaun of the Dead'. Never seen it. I liked Hot Fuzz a lot.

TV show, I haven't watched in several days, but I'm going through all the seasons of The Wire. I'm at the beginning of season 2 currently.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I just finished watching an episode of Breaking Bad and now I started an episode of The Twilight Zone
    by @magpie

Senior Member Array UniqueMixture's Avatar
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Ink. I think this movie captures the inner workings of intj very well.

For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I saw The Avengers. And all I've got to say is "damn!" It was quite possibly the best action movie ever captured on camera. Loved the characters, loved their chemistry, and loved the humor. The only problem I had was the villain Loki -- Tom Hiddleston plays the part well, but I never really thought the character was all that menacing, and his costume made him all the more laughable.

Mark Ruffalo's incarnation of Bruce Banner and the Hulk is, by far, the best, in terms of character and the CGI. Here, the Hulk looks incredibly realistic. And since Mark Ruffalo did performance capture for his green alter ego, you get more of the same core mannerisms of both Banner and the Hulk. And unlike Ang Lee's Hulk, which took itself seriously (despite amazing CGI for the title character at the time -- the close-up shots are still impressive), and unlike Edward Norton's overall forgettable incarnation, The Avengers' Hulk is given a dose of humor, and obviously, the film itself has nearly just as much comedy as action (often thanks to Robert Downey Jr's smart-assed Tony Stark/Iron Man).

And it was rather interesting to see Cleveland's Public Square transformed into Stuttgart, and the Terminal Tower transformed into some random building therein.

EDIT: That's my other complaint -- STOP USING HANDHELD CAMERAS!!! It doesn't make a movie look more realistic, it just makes it look more amateurish.

Meat Tornado Array DiscoBiscuit's Avatar
    Enneagram
    8w9

Watching Fight Club right now.

I love this damn movie.

Saw the Avengers this weekend. I was impressed.
    Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving you, if he sacrifices it to your opinion.
    - Edmund Burke

8w9 sx/so

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I haven't seen it but after watching the video review of Freddy Got Fingered, and the image of a newborn baby being swung around by the umbilical cord being engraved into my head, I MUST SEE THIS MOVIE!!! I haven't laughed this hard since The Naked Gun!

Although make no mistake, I'm scared of resembling Tom Green in any way.