User Tag List

Page 113 of 265 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I saw The Three Stooges movie. Much better than I anticipated, excellent slapstick humor that really captured the spirit of the shorts. Although, I think there was some wasted potential, such as a cat-and-mouse chase between the Stooges and the bad guys, as well as the always classic pie fight.

The character impressions were seamless. I'm glad they got no-name actors instead of the original idea of Sean Penn (Larry), Benicio del Toro (Moe), and Jim Carrey (Curly).

The modernization of the characters didn't hurt the film at all. In fact, it opened more slapstick opportunities, such as sticking a head in a microwave, Jersey Shore (unwatched by me, but I still laughed), borderline bestiality, and Larry David as a Catholic nun.

And, of course, there is more raunchy humor that wouldn't fly in the '30s and '40s. Although for a film by the Farrelly Brothers, the toilet humor is pretty tame to keep its PG rating.

The only thing that really pissed me off was they didn't feature Shemp.

Intergalactic Badass Array mujigay's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Finally got around to watching White Collar.

Matt Bomer can't possibly be human.
    1w9 sx/sp
    A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants.

All that is gold does not glitter
    Not all those who wander are lost

curiouser and curiouser Array bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

still watching "star trek: voyager". finished seasons 4-6 and debating with myself whether i should watch the final one. i'm not particularly keen on watching an artificially constructed romance between seven and chakotay, so i probably won't.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

jock and i are doing a harry potter revisit.

we're watching a lot of tv.
    - games of thrones.
    -season 3 of 30 rock.

and we're going to start breaking bad this week.
    i've only seen one episode so far, and will rewatch it again with jock.

oh and downtown abbey!!!!
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    and we're going to start breaking bad this week.
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear that

kidding, kidding
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    it's a terrible tv show prpl not a moofie

Haha, we are known for our trashtastic television. If you liked Dance Moms, Toddlers and Tiaras is recommended. Lol. It's all about the parents living vicariously through their children in beauty pageants.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by mujigay View Post
    Finally got around to watching White Collar.

Matt Bomer can't possibly be human.
    Too bad he's actually gay. Lol

My roommates and I are currently infatuated with Adventuretime.

And Top Chef Canada since one of the guys (Carl) is a friend of ours. He's totally kicking ass, too.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I watched Dream House on Sunday night. (Not a COMPLETE dog, but I think someone went mucking with the original script which I've seen reviewed elsewhere and apparently was changed a great deal.) Biggest disaster was the movie studio putting out a trailer with the "reveal" in it, spoiling much of the movie for the target audience. Idiots. Then it turned out the reveal wasn't necessarily the focal point of the movie, which should have been labeled more of a "thriller" than a "horror" pick.

At least someone got married out of it.

Watched AngelHeart last night. Great movie -- wonderful ambiance, enough to leave chills. The eerie rendition of "Girl of my Dreams" has always stuck with me, as well as the mournful, intense sax playing. Mickey Rourke is excellent; Robert DeNiro is just playing around but is still a hoot to watch. The movie is a great exercise in style and imagery, the only place it breaks tone is from Ethan Krusemark's overacting near the end of the movie (he's a little over the top) and with the slightly campy yellow eyes motif, but the rest was superb.

"I know who I am. I know who I am. I know who I am." -- Angel's trying to convince himself as much as he's trying to assert himself.

Watched "The China Invasion" on South Park last night, where no matter what Butters does during the PF Chang standoff, he manages to consistently shoot guys in the wang, to Cartman's disgust. And, of course, the infamous "Rape of Indiana Jones" sequence. Wow.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

ReflecTcelfeR

I've started watching Trublood.