• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Watched Interstellar. It's good.

This title now brings the count to five films, in theaters right now, that I desire to go see. First of all, fuck my life because I likely won't get a chance to see any of them in theaters. Secondly, I believe this may be a record. There's hardly ever one single film at any given time that I care much to see in theaters; much less 5.

93JC

I also saw Interstellar. It is good, but it is also just so. For fleeting moments it seemed as though it would become great; it never does.

It looks beautiful, I will give it that, but the story can't keep up. One particularly corny monologue delivered by Anne Hathaway irreparably soured the story for me.

I'm glad I saw it, IMAX no less, but it's the sort of movie I wouldn't really care to see again.

(And Hans Zimmer sucks.)

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have watched Interstellar.

It was what it was. Entertaining, pretty looking, cool, tear-jerking.
Hoyte van Hoytema scored big working on this expensive project, though I can't even pinpoint his signature style anymore, since Låt den rätte komma in to Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy to Her and to this. Hans Zimmer went overboard and slightly irritated my ears for a good amount of time, I was prepared for the "there's no sound in space".

It was not thought-provoking to me personally as I have got into this time traveling and wormhole thing a while back when I was into conspiracy not-so-anymore theory and I know it's not just "sci-fi".
Matthew McConaughey might get another oscar nomination for his main role. The film will get a few other nominations, I assume, in the "sound" and "editing" and "visual" categories.

Nolan did it again - created far too many characters and failed to give them each a vital identity; used too many familiar and famous faces to distract audience; and tried to over self explain the considered "important details" of his story with voiceovers and repeated lines as he fears his artsy mainstream flicks of late are a bit too complex for his generic audience target group.

I wanted it to be great, but it fell short to only "fun to watch". One of my friends who went with me did sob though. It has a 9.1/10 right now on imdb thanks to his fan boys.
It was worth my money regardless.
Will it haunt me to my sleep, make me want to watch it again, own it in Bluray and think about it for months and years? No.
Wait, I may have just watched a hip combo version of Gravity, Solaris and Space Odyssey pounded into one.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Saw Nightcrawler and enjoyed it. Jake Gyllenhaal has become a favorite actor of mine who has become unstoppable in the roles he's taken on as of lately. I did halfway predict the ending of this movie, but that's ok. I felt at times the film was a little too blatant in trying to get its message across as well, but that too is ok. I enjoyed the ride.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just started watching Bob's Burgers on Netflix. I'm hitting myself for not watching it sooner; it's very light-hearted and funny. Tina, Louise, and Linda are three of the greatest characters ever.

Raffaella

bon vivant
Just watched:
Taxi to the Dark Side (2007)
Who Killed the Electric Car? (2006)
Revenge of the Electric Car (2011)

Up next:
Blackfish (2013)
We Steal Secrets: The Story of WikiLeaks (2013)
Deliver Us From Evil (2006)
Samsara (2011)

Raffaella

bon vivant
Just finished Deliver Us From Evil (2006) and I have to say, it took more than 3/4 of the film to finally establish the priest's background. They spent more time condemning him than the people that protecting him. Considering what he went through and what his "normal" was, it's understandable that his sense of morality is destructive. I'm more disgusted by the people that covered for him, they had a better idea of what is wrong/right and could've easily prevented many of the crimes yet ignored it or brushed it under the rug. They're uncharged and his sentence is short. Disgusting. Isn't that being an accessory to the crime? Why wasn't his sentence lengthened? He still seems oblivious to the damage he's caused.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Donnie Darko, again, this time director's cut. With deleted scenes basically explaining the movie (it's been awhile and I never fully understood it).

The original is still a classic to me. Jake Gyllenhaal, precocious young actor at the time, plays Donnie to a T; disturbed, terrified, demented, hilarious, typical schizophrenic horny/angsty teenager. All around sublime casting. Gracefully aged Mary McDonnell as Rose Darko, with the rare and powerful ability to emote with nothing but her eyes and subtle facial expressions.

Excellent, ominous soundtrack. With "Mad World" as the tragic yet beautiful concluding song.

Add in some time travel, wormholes, very creative special effects, young love, and a hyperdimensional spirit guide in a scary ass fucking rabbit suit.....you got yourself a movie.

93JC

Donnie Darko, again, this time director's cut. With deleted scenes basically explaining the movie (it's been awhile and I never fully understood it).

The original is still a classic to me. Jake Gyllenhaal, precocious young actor at the time, plays Donnie to a T; disturbed, terrified, demented, hilarious, typical schizophrenic horny/angsty teenager. All around sublime casting. Gracefully aged Mary McDonnell as Rose Darko, with the rare and powerful ability to emote with nothing but her eyes and subtle facial expressions.

Excellent, ominous soundtrack. With "Mad World" as the tragic yet beautiful concluding song.

Add in some time travel, wormholes, very creative special effects, young love, and a hyperdimensional spirit guide in a scary ass fucking rabbit suit.....you got yourself a movie.

Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

just started apparently same guy who did battlestar galactica (I've seen the first season and I enjoyed it, I just suck at keeping up with shows tbh, and i don't go crazy for that show) will report back

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

if you like AHS or Batesmotel check this show out, like that but 10 times better, unforutunately there's only 1 season and only 6 episodes and the last episode is a major cliff hanger. 5 out 5 stars