• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

heart

heart on fire
I get tired of all the period pieces about wealthy, powerful people. But I am sure I'll see Duchess eventually anyway.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed Victor.

Mole

Permabanned
That would go over well.:steam:

But confidentially, Wolfy, we are keeping on eye on China waiting for them to move against Taiwan.

We don't know whether to wait and see what the outcome is, or to follow suit at the same time.

Of course it would be completely unexpected and we would have the advantage of surprise.

I mean, look Wolfy, even you don't believe me right now. And if you told anyone, they wouldn't believe you either.

So we bide our time, lulling you into a false sense of security.

But here we are - here we are Wolfy - just waiting to lunge across the Tasman.

And of course, Wolfy, we are looking for compradores among bright young Kiwis like yourself.

This could be an opportunity - the sky's the limit!

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Wolfy is a New Zealander? Me too! Hooray for New Zealand ISFPs that like The Clash.

Victor, in your dreams buddy. I've no doubt you Aussies would love us to infuse a bit of culture and class into your country but it ain't happening on our watch. Little do you know we are infiltrating your country to enable a rapid counter offensive, our base of operations being the Bondi centrelink.

Manuka Honey is the best. :yes:

wolfy

awsm
Wolfy is a New Zealander? Me too! Hooray for New Zealand ISFPs that like The Clash.

Victor, in your dreams buddy. I've no doubt you Aussies would love us to infuse a bit of culture and class into your country but it ain't happening on our watch. Little do you know we are infiltrating your country to enable a rapid counter offensive, our base of operations being the Bondi centrelink.

Manuka Honey is the best. :yes:

fancy that! :hi:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love this movie, and in particular, this excerpt:

[YOUTUBE="OYeL3fowrHg"]The Kentucky Fried Movie[/YOUTUBE]

heart

heart on fire
So Victor, can you recommend any good Australian movies that we could rent from Netflicks?

Mole

Permabanned
So Victor, can you recommend any good Australian movies that we could rent from Netflicks?

Coming up here quite soon is the Russian Film Festival and the Italian Film Festival.

I went to the last Russian festival but I found the movies to be very good as movies, but unbearably sad. So I was pleased we were offered vodka fruit cocktails before the movie and afterwards, because we needed it.

And it helped me understand why Russians always seem to be better after two drinks.

I have noticed this because I live just across the road from the Russian Embassy and we drink in the same pub.

Russian history is truly unbearably sad and you need two drinks to bear it - particularly vodka fruit cocktails - what a punch! And they know how to make movies.

Mole

Permabanned
What titles would you recommend from what you saw? Sans vodka.

I find it very hard to recommend titles. I like Australian films because I recognise the terrain but it would mean nothing to you.

And I don't remember the Russian titles - it was a year ago.

Also for me movies are kind of white hot. I am fully immersed in a movie - I become the movie or a character.

So I prefer to go to the movies with someone and hold their hand during the movie and debrief over coffee after the movie.

I particularly like film festivals here because they are usually opened by the embassador and his wife, or very occasionally by a woman embassador. And sometimes they will have a foreign movie star along.

Canberra is a rather small place so even film festivals are intimate affairs. But rather fun.

I like going out to the movies because it is a social event. I might have something to eat first and a chat with someone there.

I saw a, "Body of Lies", the other night, about the CIA and Islamic terrorists in the Middle East.

It was a well made film - a good action film. But I couldn't help feeling the CIA weren't very professional in the movie. I hope they do a better job in real life.

But I just like going to the movies - and even a bad movie is a good movie - and I love holding hands.

heart

heart on fire
I find it very hard to recommend titles. I like Australian films because I recognise the terrain but it would mean nothing to you.

I've seen some. My geographic disability didn't hamper my ability to enjoy them. :huh:

I have zero desire to see Body of Lies.

Mole

Permabanned
I've seen some. My geographic disability didn't hamper my ability to enjoy them. :huh:

I have zero desire to see Body of Lies.

It was actually quite enjoyable. The head of the Jordanian secret service was particularly good.

And like almost all American movies, it ended on an upbeat note. Much better than the serious Russian movies that leave you devastated and in need of not one but two vodka fruit cocktails.

heart

heart on fire
I'm still trying to make all the way through "Kingdom of Heaven" but I have no concentration for movies lately.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still trying to make all the way through "Kingdom of Heaven" but I have no concentration for movies lately.

I'm not surprised - the movie was shockingly bad, not even gratuitous shots of Orlando "girly-boy" Bloom, could salvage it from the tyranny of tedium.

Some good movies from "Down Under"

The Piano (a fav - you'd like this too heart)
An Angel at my Table
In my Father's Den
Whale Rider
Rabbit Proof Fence
Shine
Tim

heart

heart on fire
I'm not surprised - the movie was shockingly bad, not even gratuitous shots of Orlando "girly-boy" Bloom, could salvage it from the tyranny of tedium.

Oh geez! And one would think they could count on a crusade movie to come through with the girly man stuff at least. :rolleyes:

Some good movies from "Down Under"

The Piano (a fav - you'd like this too heart)
An Angel at my Table
In my Father's Den
Whale Rider
Rabbit Proof Fence
Shine
Tim

Tim is a all time favorite of mine but the book is far, far better. I saw the Piano too, husband is never going to get over it, affected him profoundly. (He's girly man at heart) And we saw Shine.

I remember one, "Next Wave" or something like that. Very mystical.

I will check out those others you have kindly suggested.

I've seen other movies from down under when I was younger and we had cable but I cannot remember all the titles.

I know that within the last year we saw the one ...now I got a mental block my brain ain't working like it should...it had Finnes in it, they had this glass house that sailed on the river.