• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

93JC

I saw Boyhood last night. Amazing. I read about it on Reddit today and someone described it as a perfect example of mono no aware (物の哀れ), literally "the pathos of things", or more figuratively "the wistful awareness of the impermanence of things". Pretty much bang-on.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The Iceman. Just turned it on. I was watching bones before, and so the first 5 minutes I got confused and thought it was the teaser at the beginning of bones but it wasn't it's a movie.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I must say Jake Gyllenhaal's voice-off was so fucking sexy.
I normally prefer actors' real voices.

Amazing and very much psychological. Just as I like it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Today's Special- 3 out of 5 stars, it was one of those feel good but predictable movies

Nicodemus

Lilting (2014): A beautifully sad film about love lost. Ben Whishaw and Pei-pei Cheng are great in their roles. But the chemistry between Wishaw and Andrew Leung, especially in the bed scenes, is simply entrancing, almost too real to be just acting.

[MENTION=11928]Woaden[/MENTION] watch see it.

Edit: Ah, Ben Wishaw is gay. That explains to some degree how he could be so good.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today's Special- 3 out of 5 stars, it was one of those feel good but predictable movies

I actually enjoyed it. One depressing afternoon I decided to watch all movies about food on Netflix and I like this. Any movie with food. Mmmmmm

Chthonic

I just watched Lucy, rate it 1 star. Shittest sci-fi flick ever. Good concept poorly executed, there was so much more story there than a heap of gun fire, a car chase and some drug goons. No wonder I gave up watching films. Tried to watch Maleficent and found myself reaching for a sick bag not more than 5mins into the movie. I'll give that -2 stars.

On a positive note I do rather arrogantly feel that I could do better so off to the keyboard I go to punch out another 2,000 words of my WIP.

Nicodemus

I just watched Lucy, rate it 1 star. Shittest sci-fi flick ever. Good concept poorly executed, there was so much more story there than a heap of gun fire, a car chase and some drug goons. No wonder I gave up watching films. Tried to watch Maleficent and found myself reaching for a sick bag not more than 5mins into the movie. I'll give that -2 stars.
I, too, wachted Lucy yesterday (thank you, internet), and agree with your reaction. However, I also watched Transcendence a few weeks ago and must say that that was probably worse. Unfortunately, the shittiest sci-fi flick ever is still on another level.

But, for the love of the muse, do not give up films on account of Lucy. Watch Solaris instead.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

apparently this is suppose to be a stoner movie but I still enjoyed it despite not being remotely fucked up watching it 5 out of 5 stars

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I, too, wachted Lucy yesterday (thank you, internet), and agree with your reaction. However, I also watched Transcendence a few weeks ago and must say that that was probably worse. Unfortunately, the shittiest sci-fi flick ever is still on another level.

But, for the love of the muse, do not give up films on account of Lucy. Watch Solaris instead.
Solaris. Great choice.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Peace Love & Misunderstand one of those family oriented romance films it was good, thought it was taking place in europe for majority of the film nope takes place in woodstock,ny includes hippies 4 out of 5 stars.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Took care of 2 movies today.

First one is Blue Ruin, a smart, realistic, ironic indie crime thriller with unknown cast that doesn't distract audience from focusing on the great performance, and the chillingly well crafted cinematography. 7/10

Then the comedy The World's End from last year.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

two men unwittingly trade places (not freaky friday esque, but rather manipulation of two men in a bet) one rich one poor hilarious 5 out of 5 stars.