User Tag List

Page 105 of 265 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 2644

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    I found the film much too short.
    Yes, "Carnage", did seem to peter out without a dénouement.

However I was thinking of you the other day as a watched the movie, "A Bullet for the General", because Klaus Kinski played in the film and I remembered you liked him as an actor and as a person.

I thought, "A Bullet for the General", was a great movie.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Love Amazon, hate Lovefilm.

I watched Blue Valentine and Lie with Me last night. The latter was interesting, lots of sex scenes but possibly could of been better as a silent movie.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I can't believe what I'm watching right now.. It's called Spork. It's like Napoleon Dynamite + Bring it On with an intersexed girl(?).

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

For TV, I am now into Smash -- it's awesome if you were into Glee, but it's like the "adult / professional world" rather than "high school" version, and there humor is more incorporated into the drama rather than so over the top. More realistic.

I just watched Like Crazy tonight, with Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin. It was another one of those great movie experiences that I probably couldn't sit through again (rather like "Never Let Me Go" or "Snow Falling on Cedars") -- excellent acting, fascinating to watching, seemingly very real... but I don't think it could hold me on a second pass. the acting was strong, and I appreciated the honesty of it... there was no real wimp-out, a poor decision by the leads early on ends up impacting their lives and relationship in dire ways for the rest of the movie, and

But I was also pleased with myself for recognizing Jennifer Lawrence and Finola Hughes as soon as i saw them... I had no idea they were in this movie, and I had misgivings it was them, but when I checked... voila!

My other movie for Wild Friday Movie Night (redbox'ing it) is the remake of "The Thing." I'm not expecting much, so hopefully I'll get more than i expect!

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I can't believe what I'm watching right now.. It's called Spork. It's like Napoleon Dynamite + Bring it On with an intersexed girl(?).
    wth???

I had never heard of it, but there it is on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483020/
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

INXS Concert

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

season 5 of how I met your mother... the man has been watching it so I keep catching bits from time to time
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Welp, The Thing prequel (2011) is a great example of how computer tech can make a movie look much prettier than the original, while still being a worse movie overall.

It wasn't dreadful, but it wasn't very interesting either. The plot was very similar (in terms of anchor points to the original) despite supposedly being a different story; the most interesting point was figuring out how they would sync up events from the original with the ending of this one, and they did.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

If there is one movie that I was to have mixed feelings about, it would be John Carter (of Mars). I was perplexed by this movie. It was a bit confusing at times, but I'm not entirely sure it was supposed to be. All the confusion seemed to be a result of sloppy pacing. The first act started off quite slow, the second act picked up a little bit, but the third act felt very, very rushed and anticlimactic as if the studio was pressuring the filmmakers to make it short enough, in which case, they could've cut much of the first half,

Another problem I had with the movie was the fx camerawork. In order to appease the 3D, everything was shot at a distant angle. And therefore, the world never felt alive. The alien ships looked like toys being thrown across the screen.

The Recruit.
    Al Pacino and Colin Farrell.
    Spy Thriller.

garbage

South Park. I hated the latest episode.

I don't think I'm one of "those guys" who clamours about the good ol' days, because there are a lot of later season episodes that I liked or loved (including the last season finisher).

But the first few seasons were great because it centered on how naive the kids were. That's the same reason why I liked Beavis and Butthead. That show has continued to center on naive kids, so I continue to love it.

Regardless, South Park is still one of my favorite shows even though I don't like it, but that's because I don't watch much.

There. There's some guy's opinion about a show, on the Internet.