User Tag List

Page 103 of 265 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2647

Thread: What-cha-what-cha-what-cha Watched?

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    I hate that so many people think this. The prequel trilogy may not have been made with the primary concern for plot and story and more for special effects and "eye candy", but overall, I think it did what it needed and was enough to make the story and characterizations coherent and genuine. The originals, in my opinion, had a very boring and somewhat cliché plot (you, saving the galaxy and all). I much more enjoyed the tragedy of Anakin's downfall in the prequels than Luke's conquest to save the galaxy.

And it's not like it's because I'm a "new-gen" or whatever. My dad is a huge original Star Wars fan, so I grew up watching the originals several times before watching the prequels. When I watched the prequels, I was amazed how much more I was drawn to the character of Anakin and the whole overall feel than the character of Luke and the overall feel to the originals.

Of course, I won't be surprised that you will probably say something about me being a naive Fi-user or whatever to discredit what I have to say.
    Anakin wasn't very well done. The overall plot of the prequels had some interesting and subtle things to say about the destruction of democracy and the arrogance of the Jedi Order... but Anakin? Meh... could've been done so much better.

MBTI
    ISFP

Helldriver. Ugh. Been going through and watching movies with Eihi Shiina. Wonderful stuff to watch while studying. Don't really have to pay much attention to what's going on (possibly even better off NOT paying tons of attention) to follow the story . . . just look up every so often and go 'wtf?' and laugh. It was a bit too long for my liking though.

violaine

- The Artist. Very charming. I liked. Black and white films are so soothing. As is an absence of dialogue or crashing sound effects.
    - Blue Velvet. Loved the opening scenes. But David Lynch loses me when he spins off into the land of the nonsensical. Seems too forced and then silly. I liked the premise though and I always seem to love his choice in music. Been humming "In Dreams" for days.
    - Persona. Hmm, still thinking about this one. I don't think I'll end up dwelling on it for too long as I guess it's highly ambiguous by design.

Secret Sex Freak Array Hazashin's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Anakin wasn't very well done. The overall plot of the prequels had some interesting and subtle things to say about the destruction of democracy and the arrogance of the Jedi Order... but Anakin? Meh... could've been done so much better.
    Hmm... perhaps I'm wrong, but I presume that (and most people don't seem to admit this, but...) Anakin didn't live up to the picture that fans had created in their mind before the PT came out (the old Star War fans, anyway). I can't help but think they idealized him to be better than he was when they were mostly ignorant of his flaws. Didn't they figure that Obi-Wan only mentioned Anakin's virtues and left out most of his vices so he wouldn't upset Luke, and that Obi-Wan may have ignored some of his flaws and exaggerated his virtues because he was his best friend?
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    ESFJ

I have spent a lot of time in bed the last 2 days as i feel like shit so have watched:

Black Swan
    The Vow
    Breaking Dawn Pt 1
    Eat Pray Love
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

No moss growing on me Array Giggly's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Saw the movie "Act of Valor". I loved it.

Moving to the BVI Array highlander's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Saw Wanderlust on Friday. It is the funniest movie I have ever seen in my entire life. [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQjIs6R2vig&noredirect=1"]WANDERLUST[/YOUTUBE]

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The Phantom Menace in 3D. It was The Phantom Menace in 3D.

And Jake Lloyd was a helluva lot more annoying than Jar Jar, I've decided.

I stand by it, though, I liked the movie better than Return of the Jedi, which was my least favorite of the series.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

A Bullet for the General

I saw a most marvellous movie last night. It is called, "A Bullet for the General", and although it is a spagetti Western, it touches exquisitely on the relationship between the literate man and the man of the spoken word.

And the movie mirrored perfectly what is happening in Afganistan today where our Afgan friends are shooting us.

Yes, our Afgan friends are men of the spoken word and feel compelled to shoot their literate friends who are there to help them.

This may seem irrational but literacy kills the spoken word, so in turn, those of the spoken word kill the literate.

This has happened worldwide as the literate individual meets the traditional tribal man of the spoken word.

For in the beginning was the spoken word, and the spoken word was with Allah, and the spoken word was Allah.

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING